- St. Joseph's Health Care
- Thunder Bay, ON
- Job Category
St. Joseph’s Care Group (SJCG) is a recognized leader in Northwestern Ontario in the provision acute care, complex care, rehabilitation, long-term care, and mental health and addiction services. We operate on a program management model, providing client and family-centered services with an emphasis on interprofessional collaboration and evidence-based practice.
Join the largest single provider of mental health and addictions services in Northwestern Ontario. Enjoy the benefits of work life balance that a smaller centre can offer, with the benefit of working in a full treatment centre with academic opportunities.
COMPANY NAME AND ADDRESS:
St. Joseph’s Care Group
35 Algoma Street North,
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B 5G7
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
Reporting to the Senior Medical Director, Mental Health & Addictions, and working within the interprofessional teams, the Psychiatrist specializes in the care, treatment, and rehabilitation of mental health and addiction clients as follows:
- Provides case consultation, ongoing medication management, and brief therapy.
- Participates in team meetings and engages with teaching/academic opportunities.
- Engages in administrative activities such as program planning, quality improvement initiatives, and workload management
- Doctor of Medicine
Work Experience and Other Requirements:
- Post-graduate residency training in Psychiatry;
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) in Psychiatry (or eligible to sit the exams);
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario licence (or eligible to obtain);
- Demonstrated experience working within an interprofessional practice model;
- Positions in both inpatient and outpatient settings;
- Specialized qualifications in addiction medicine, geriatrics, child and adolescent, or developmental disabilities or their equivalency would be an asset for some positions;
- The successful candidate will be expected to apply for a faculty appointment at the Northern Ontario School of Medicine.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Permanent, Full Time
LANGUAGE OF WORK:
$289,313 to $400,000 per annum dependent upon licensure and certification and on other duties such as on call and teaching
SJCG cares about "Our People", and we know that a welcoming, caring, and supportive environment creates a positive work place that ensures employees are able to provide the best possible care to our clients. As a member of our Psychiatry team, you will be offered:
- Optional benefits allowance (Health Spending Accounts)
- Optional employer-paid pension contributions
- Additional compensation opportunities available
- Variety of compensation options, including relocation expenses are available and can be negotiated
- Northern Recruitment and Retention Incentives may be available
LOCATION OF WORK:
SJCG operates at various sites in Thunder Bay. The main office is located at 35 Algoma Street North, Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B 5G7.
SJCG sites include:
St. Joseph's Health Centre: 710 Victoria Avenue East, Thunder Bay, ON P7C 5P7
Sister Margaret Smith Centre: 301 Lillie Street North, Thunder Bay, ON P7C 0A6
Balmoral Centre: 667 Sibley Drive, Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6Z8
Hogarth Riverview Manor: 300 Lillie Street North, Thunder Bay, ON P7C 4Y7
St. Joseph’s Heritage: 63 Carrie Street, Thunder Bay, ON P7A 4J2
Other locations of work may include Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre located at 980 Oliver Road, Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B 6V4.
For more information about these practice opportunities or to arrange a funded site visit, please contact:
Ms. Lynda Fares
Manager Recruitment & Retention
St. Joseph’s Care Group
P: (807) 346-5240
C: (807) 620-7498
ABOUT THUNDER BAY:
Love your career but tired of long commutes? Looking for a change of pace in a dynamic professional environment? Consider a change in geography!
Located on Lake Superior’s north shore and surrounded by the beauty of nature, Thunder Bay is a livable city with a population of 115,000 people offering a perfect balance of urban and rural life. Ranked #7 in Canada by MoneySense Magazine's 2017 poll as the best place for newcomers, Thunder Bay offers affordable housing and a vibrant, culturally diverse community that makes the city a wonderful place to live, work, and raise a family. Thunder Bay has excellent educational opportunities, including publicly and privately funded schools, as well as Confederation College and Lakehead University. Thunder Bay is home to the west campus of the Northern Ontario School of Medicine and the newest Law program in Ontario. Thunder Bay also offers innovative opportunities through the Thunder Bay Regional Research Institute. To learn more about living and working in Thunder Bay, visit: www.gotothunderbay.ca AND www.thunderbayhealth.ca