- Job Category
- Pathology, General
- Job Type
Health PEI is seeking a permanent, full-time General Pathologist or Anatomic and Clinical Pathologist to join our laboratory team of six pathologists, one haematopathologist, one clinical chemist and one medical microbiologist.
Working in PEI is a unique and rewarding setting since it provides a small town feel with a variety of specimens but the opportunity to work at a provincial level. While Health PEI is a multi-site facility, the pathologists are predominantly located at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Charlottetown, PE, which is a 243-bed facility providing emergency, surgical, inpatient and ambulatory care services. We also rotate (one week in six) at Prince County Hospital in Summerside, PE.
Three or more years of clinical experience would be ideal but new graduates will be considered. The candidate must have excellent surgical pathology skills and will be expected to perform autopsies and sign out cytology specimens. The ideal candidate will also have strong skills in clinical laboratory diagnostics, the ability to sign out peripheral smears, bone marrow aspirates and biopsies, and to lead microbiology, chemistry and haematology divisions, if required. Fellowship training is also an asset. The position requires strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills in order to interact well with laboratory and administrative staff, and clinicians.
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary (with benefits) or contract-for-service payment modality.
- Salary is $346,800
- Contract-for-service is $363,802
- After hours and weekend autopsies and on-call services that are provided outside of regular salaried or contract-for-service hours are paid on a fee-for-service basis.
- Return-in-Service Grant and Moving Expense Allowance may be available.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Certification;
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island;
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
To apply, send C.V. referencing Job Posting I.D.#2018-08-CH-08-S to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; email@example.com
For more information about the position, please contact:
Dr. Kristen Mead
Medical Director, Provincial Laboratory Services
(902) 894-2316; firstname.lastname@example.org
Health PEI, is a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
More search results
Northern Health Authority
Academic Cardiologist with Expertise in Cardiac E…
Academic Infectious Diseases Physician – Antimicr…
Academic Cardiologist with Heart Failure Expertise
Northern Health Authority