Locum Physician (parental leave replacement), 0.6 FTE, 18-month contract, beginning ASAP
Anishnawbe Health Toronto
Our mission: to improve the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal People in spirit, mind, emotion and body by providing Traditional Healing within a multidisciplinary health care model.
Locum Physician (parental leave replacement)
Part-time (0.6 FTE) contract position, 18 mo. beginning as soon as possible
Anishnawbe Health Toronto, a fully accredited community health centre, offers access to health care practitioners from many disciplines including Traditional Healers, Elders and Medicine People. We seek a physician who will function as an effective member of a multi-disciplinary team for three days weekly during a parental leave locum for 18 months. This is a unique opportunity to work in a culture-based environment providing holistic health care.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide primary care services within an integrated, multidisciplinary health care model
- Perform medical assessment functions such as diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, referral and health education/counselling and other items as required according to the College of Physicians and surgeons of Ontario standards of practice
- Carry out scheduled on-site assessments as well as same-day assessments
- Contribute to chart documentation and data entry
- Participate in case conferences
- Collaborate within a team to develop strategic health directions, policies, programs and services
- Contribute to planning for community partnerships, outreach services and research
- Provide leadership, direction and support to the clinical team
- Reports to the Manager, Primary Health Services
Qualifications & Experience:
- Medical degree from a recognized university
- CCFP Certification
- General license to practice from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications
- Understanding of the health issues of urban Indigenous people
- Prior experience in a community health setting is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to function within a multidisciplinary team is essential
- Commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care and health promotion
- Ability to provide compassionate, respectful, non-judgmental and culturally competent care
How to Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com, in a single document, with your name and “Locum Physician” in the subject line. If you have questions about the process, please call 416-920-2605 x.332
CLOSING DATE: September 26, 2018 by 5:00 pm
Applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal and meet the requirements of the job posting will be given first consideration in the hiring process
Anishnawbe Health Toronto is committed to diversity and values the contribution of its employees from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We welcome applications from Aboriginal persons, visible minority group members, women, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who contribute to greater diversity of perspectives.
(If you are invited for an interview and require accommodation, please let us know)
Meegwetch to all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.