- Interior Health Authority
- Trail, British Columbia
- Job Category
- Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Job Type
The department of Otolaryngology in Trail is currently seeking a General Otolaryngologist. The ENT program currently has 1 full time Otolaryngologist who offers the full range of ENT services.
This is a new position due to needs in the community which currently has one Otolaryngologist. Flexibility within work schedules can be arranged. We currently have 1 OR day per week that will be shared within the team.
Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital:
The largest diagnostic and acute care hospital in the West Kootenays, the Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (KBRH) is a 75-bed full service regional hospital serving 80,000 people in the Kootenay Boundary region. KBRH offers core specialist physician services including 24-hour Emergency and Trauma Services, a Level 2 Laboratory, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Acute and Obstetrical Care, Primary Care, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Plastics, Urology, ENT, Ophthalmology, Psychiatry, Oncology, Radiology, and advanced diagnostic services.
- Royal college of Surgeons of Canada
- Doctorate in Medicine
- Full / Provisional Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
- CMPA Coverage
- Hours of work: Full-time
- On call requirements: approximately 1:3
- Fee for service
- Overhead: To be discussed
- Relocation Reimbursement: $15,000 max
- Recruitment incentive: $15,000
- Retention fee premium: 11.34%
- Retention flat fee: $9,914.40
- CME: Up to 2 years $600; In 3rd & 4th year $3,600.00; Over 4 years $6,600.00 (Note: Some eligibility requirements apply and rates are subject to change annually; current rates are confirmed at time of offer)
- Candidates with a BC or Canada student loan may be eligible for BC or Canada loan forgiveness programs.
Nestled in the Selkirk and Monashee mountain ranges and situated on the Columbia River in the West Kootenay region of British Columbia, Trail is a thriving sports town offering innovative industry and lifestyle with an immediate population of approximately 8,000 people and a total regional catchment population of approximately 80,000. Trail boasts an excellent community atmosphere and bodes distinctive character, having an “Old World Feel.” A great place to raise a family, Trail is a special place with a friendly, welcoming and safe community offering affordable real estate, an active arts and culture community, and a variety of service clubs and organizations, outstanding recreational facilities and an abundance of outdoor activities. Also known as “Home of Champions,” the city takes pride in its reputation for developing successful athletes, industries and arts and education leaders.
Truly a four season destination; breathtaking vistas, excellent powder skiing at nearby Red Mountain Resort, nature walks or biking along the mountain trail and bountiful fishing, are all minutes away. Not only is this Kootenay mountain town blessed with a central location and a temperate climate, but it is also a hotbed for technology, research and development. Trail’s exceptional education, financial and retail services ensure that its residents have everything they need at their disposal without the need to travel outside of the region. One visit and it’s easy to see why Trail is one of the most desirable communities in the Kootenay Boundary region.
Imagine working AND playing. Here is your opportunity for both in Trail BC. Apply now and come work where others only play!