In addition to complementing our roster with many part-time and locum opportunities, Medcan is also recruiting for a physician with diversified skills to provide coverage as a Duty Doctor.
We have lofty goals for growth and the ideal candidate is a client focused physician with clinical experience in the full breadth of family (pediatrics, adult medicine and geriatrics), and/or acute/emergency care.
This role will provide coverage for our flagship clinics in:
- Annual Health Assessment (AHA)
- Year-Round Care (Primary/OHIP)
- Virtual Care
The Position Goal:
Deliver exceptional clinical practice and client experience as a full-time Duty Doctor.
- Provide coverage for surge capacity and absence coverage (as-needed) in all clinics for in-clinic and post-clinic (results management) client experience
- Provide screening and primary care health services for Medcan patients
- Examine patients, take their complete history and provide clinical guidance and recommendations
- Evaluate the patients’ health, make diagnosis on clinical conditions, prescribe and administer medications, treatments and follow up care with internal or external specialists through expedited referral/same day test results
- Educate, advise and empower patients on preventive health care and disease prevention
- Provide counseling and support to patients on a wide range of health and lifestyle issues
- Manage circle of patient care through dedicated Patient Support Centre (PSC) teams of medical administrators, referral/patient coordinators and nurses
- YRC group Results Management
- Participate in Medcan business initiatives including continuing education, innovation, research, product development, support and guidance
- Cardiac Stress Testing interpretation
- Follow Medcan procedures for all documentation, timelines, coordination with internal follow up care teams
- Adhere to standards of best practice
- Ongoing learning for innovative, predictive, prevention diagnostics and wellness programs
- CME, ongoing workshops and attendance at annual clinical update leadership offsitesummits
- Pager coverage on rotation with team
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- CCFP designation or CCFP (EM) designation
- Minimum 5 years’ post residency
- Experience in preventive care and wellness is an asset
- Exceptional and demonstrable interpersonal skills
- Ability to respectfully and tactfully interact and collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders from diverse backgrounds in a collegial, empathetic manner
- Exemplary team player
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Comfortable with technological advancements including ECG, stress testing, digital innovation and telemedicine
- Knowledge and use of EMR systems
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) training
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Outlook
This is full-time and salaried employee role that is scheduled for 5 days per week including weekends (on rotation). The role reports to our Chief Medical Officer.
The position offers an attractive total compensation package including a base salary, a comprehensive benefits plan and a genuine opportunity to grow at one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies. The position also offers outstanding health and wellness benefits through Medcan's Live Well program.
We can offer you a great working environment and an opportunity to let your excellence shine. In your cover letter please include why you wish to align yourself with Medcan and how you believe you can add value to our organization.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org qutoing CMADD1018 or call 4165267587 for further details. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.