CAREER OPPORTUNITY FOR ANAESTHESIOLOGISTS
Osler Health System (Osler) is one of Ontario’s largest community hospital organizations, delivering innovative health care with compassion through more than 650,000 patient interactions every year. With three hospital sites: Brampton Civic Hospital, Etobicoke General Hospital and the new Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness we offer a wide range of health services, with care provided by skilled health professionals working in multidisciplinary teams.
We are recruiting anaesthesiologists to work across all three Osler sites. Subspecialty fellowship training is an additional asset but not a requirement. These are corporate appointments and while a primary site may be identified, there will be the expectation of mobility between hospital sites with notification provided by advanced scheduling. The Department of Anaesthesia provides services to a total of 21 ORs and 2 delivery suites, as well as endoscopy, pre-assessment clinics and the acute pain service. Future growth plans include the expansion of services both in and out of the OR suites and involvement in chronic pain management. Successful candidates would be required to participate in the full range of community anaesthesia both in and out of the OR and participate in the obstetric and general call schedules.
Candidates must hold a Fellowship in Anaesthesiology from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and be eligible for an independent practice licence with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
Expressions of interest should be forwarded along with your curriculum vitae to:
Medical Staff Office
Attention: Dr. Stanley Herman, Chief of Anaesthesia
William Osler Health System
2100 Bovaird Drive East, Brampton, ON L6R 3J7
Tel 905 494-2120 Fax 905 494-6206
- One of the largest community hospital groups in Ontario
- Over 290,000 emergency and Urgent Care Centre visits per year
- More than 473,000 ambulatory care visits annually
- More than 7,800 births per year (the largest obstetrical program in the province)
- Over 12,950 inpatient operating room procedures annually
- Approximately 44,300 day surgery procedures per year
- Serves approximately 1 million area residents in a geographical area of over 2,000 square kilometres