Chair of the McGill University Department of Diagnostic Radiology & Diagnostic Radiologist-in-Chief
- McGill University and the McGill University Health Center (MUHC)
- Montreal, QC
- Job Category
- Radiology, Diagnostic
The Faculty of Medicine of McGill University and the McGill University Health Center (MUHC) invite applications for the position of
CHAIR OF THE MCGILL UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT OF DIAGNOSTIC RADIOLOGY
DIAGNOSTIC RADIOLOGIST-IN-CHIEF OF THE MCGILL UNIVERSITY HEALTH CENTER (MUHC)
The successful applicant will direct the academic activities of McGill's Department of Diagnostic Radiology, including clinical training and scholarship, and on-campus research. In addition to providing leadership in the delivery of excellent clinical services at the MUHC, the successful applicant will oversee faculty recruitment in support of the delivery of diagnostic radiology services across all McGill affiliated academic institutions. A tenure stream position may be available for the selected candidate. The successful candidate is expected to:
- be an academic diagnostic radiologist at the Full Professor or Associate Professor level;
- have a successful internationally-recognized research program and a commitment to research mentorship;
- be energetic and influential, with a proven track record of effective, dynamic leadership;
- have an interest in undergraduate and postgraduate education as well as the continued development of a strong fellowship program;
- have demonstrated ability to encourage collaborative clinical and academic work between different departments and inter-professional colleagues;
- have acquired substantive administrative experience in a Radiology Department;
- be licensed or eligible for licensure in the province of Québec;
Having some knowledge of the Québec health care system as well as of the French language, although not essential, would be considered an asset.
The department is proud to host a respectful, multi-disciplinary and inclusive work setting in its multiple areas of activity, which includes the training of a diverse group of students.
McGill University was founded in 1821 and is consistently ranked among the top 20 public universities in the world and among the top three in Canada. McGill is located in Montreal, Quebec (http://www.montrealinternational.com/en/), a multiethnic city with a sparkling cultural life. Montreal has been selected numerous times as the best city for students in North America. Montreal is safe, housing costs are among the lowest for cities of comparable size, and overall quality of life is outstanding.
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome and encourage applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
McGill further recognizes and fairly considers the impact of leaves (e.g., family care or health-related) that may contribute to career interruptions or slowdowns. Candidates are encouraged to signal any leave that affected productivity, may have had an effect on their career path. This information will be considered to ensure the equitable assessment of the candidate’s record.
McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated equity groups to self-identify. It further seeks to ensure the equitable treatment and full inclusion of persons with disabilities by striving for the implementation of universal design principles transversally, across all facets of the University community, and through accommodation policies and procedures. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, Professor Angela Campbell, Associate Provost (Equity and Academic Policies) by email or phone at 514-398-1660.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Applications must be submitted on-line at: http://www.mcgill.ca/medicine-academic/positionsavailable
The following supporting documents are required:
- a cover letter & curriculum vitae (as 1 pdf document)
- statement of research (if including other documents, combine to make 1 pdf)
- the names and contact information of three referees
Interested candidates should submit their application within 60 days of publication of this advertisement.