Associate Chief Medical Officer, Physician Health, Diversity & Wellness
Posting End Date: 30-JAN-2019
Alberta Health Services (AHS) has an exciting opportunity for a senior medical leader to advance the health and well-being of physicians across Alberta. AHS is currently seeking an experienced, dynamic, and innovative individual for the role of Associate Chief Medical Officer, Physician Health, Diversity, and Wellness (ACMO). The ACMO will play a key role within AHS leadership while representing the Physician Health, Diversity and Wellness based needs to senior executive in this position.
An influencer and change agent, the ACMO will help AHS deliver on its promise of an accessible, sustainable healthcare system by ensuring that physicians in Alberta feel safe, healthy, and valued at work. The successful candidate will lead, promote and articulate the vision for Physician Health, Diversity, and Wellness within Alberta Health Services and will direct and oversee medical engagement to support the design, development, and implementation of policies, tools, and strategies to improve physician health and wellness and to encourage diversity throughout the organization. Possessing both clinical experience and a proven track record in healthcare administration at a senior leadership level, you will be able to balance both organizational needs and address key issues that Alberta physicians face in the workplace.
The ACMO, Physician Health, Diversity and Wellness is responsible and accountable to create and implement sustainable, systemic approach to physician wellness and diversity within AHS and will achieve deliverables related to the development and implementation of relevant policies and programs within AHS. Reporting directly to the Vice President Quality & Chief Medical Officer, the ACMO will play a key role in leading physician engagement and participation in Health, Diversity, and Wellness initiatives throughout the organization. You will work closely and provide expert advice to senior leaders such as Senior Medical Directors, Zone Medical Directors, and AHS Human Resources on leadership and physician-related matters within your portfolio.
An excellent communicator, the ACMO will work collaboratively with leaders in AHS operational portfolios to ensure appropriate clinical focus is incorporated in physician health, diversity and wellness. You will develop and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, such as the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta the University of Calgary, the University of Alberta and the Alberta Medical Association. The ACMO will advise stakeholders and lead engagement and consultation of medical staff in development and implementation of portfolio processes and policies. You will support AHS Quality Health Improvement portfolio and quality and safety initiatives across AHS, and provide cross-support other strategic portfolio activities such as physician workforce planning, physician compensation and Medical Staff Bylaws.
As a physician leader, you will have other physician leaders that you will mentor and who will report to you, in addition to any other medical leadership duties as assigned by the Vice President, Quality and Chief Medical Officer. This permanent position will range between 0.5 – 1.0 FTE.
- A minimum of eligibility for medical, dental or podiatric licensure in Alberta, including certification by the College of Family Physicians of Canada, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, the Royal College of Dentists of Canada or an equivalent professional body.
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Successful record of achievement as a leader, including extensive experience in quality improvement and safety in services delivery in a large and diverse range of health functions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and create innovative solutions for complex and diverse issues.
- Effective communicator with strong organizational skills, client focused orientation and commitment to providing long term quality services.
- The ability to foster partnerships and achieve organizational goals within a large, diverse organization.
- Demonstrated content expertise in physician health & wellness and diversity in the workplace.
- Possesses Canadian Certified Physician Executive (CCPE) credential.
Apply online and join our team today! Go to ahs.ca/careers and click on Apply Now, then search for requisition number: ALB00074810.