- Northumberland Hills Hospital
- Cobourg, ON
- Job Category
- Family Medicine/General Practice, Hospitalist
Physician - Hospitalist
Northumberland Hills Hospital is currently seeking a permanent Hospitalist to enhance an established Hospitalist program. The ideal candidate will join a dedicated team comprised of physicians and Nurse Practitioners.
The Physician-Hospitalist role shall include the following responsibilities:
- Most Responsible Physician (MRP) for medical patients;
- Work collaboratively with local General Practitioners, Specialists, Nurse Practitioners and Allied Health professionals using a blended model for hospital‐based care;
- Participate in the call schedule for the Hospitalist Program (e.g. seven day block / qmonthly); and,
- Participate in ongoing quality improvement initiatives, enhancing the delivery of care within the acute and post-acute departments.
Hospital‐based office and administrative support for scheduling and billing will be provided. The Hospitalist can anticipate a shared daily caseload of approximately 25 to 35 patients for the team (Physician and NP).
Qualifications: CCFP and registered with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
Interested qualified candidates may apply by submitting their CV to:
Dr. Mukesh Bhargava, Chief of Staff
c/o Maureen Canfield, Executive Assistant, Patient and Medical Services
Northumberland Hills Hospital
1000 DePalma Drive Cobourg, ON K9A 5Y4
About Northumberland Hills Hospital – Located approximately 100 kilometres east of Toronto, Northumberland Hills Hospital (NHH) delivers a broad range of acute, post-acute, outpatient and diagnostic services. Acute services include emergency and intensive care, medical/surgical care, obstetrical care and palliative care while post-acute services include restorative care and rehabilitation. Mental health care, chemotherapy, dialysis and 16 other ambulatory care clinics are offered on an outpatient basis through partnerships with regional centres and nearby specialists. As well, NHH offers a full range of diagnostic services, including magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT) and mammography.