Clinical Academic Position - Obstetrics & Gynaecology (REI)
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, London Health Sciences Centre and Western University, London Ontario, Canada, is seeking a full time clinical academic position in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility (REI). The successful candidate will hold a full-time Limited Term Clinical Academic appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor, or a Continuing Clinical Academic appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor, depending upon experience and qualifications at the time of appointment. Candidates must hold an MD or equivalent and be eligible for licensing in the Province of Ontario. Specialist certification in Obstetrics and Gynaecology through the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or equivalent is required, and a formal fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility. The successful candidate will have a commitment to and demonstrated aptitude for teaching and will be expected to teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels and to supervise graduate trainees. The successful candidate will also have a demonstrated record of research and publication.
Responsibilities will include:
- Active participation in team-based health care;
- Active involvement in teaching, both at the undergraduate and post graduate levels; and
- At least 30% time commitment to education, research and/or administrative activities in the Department, Hospital and/or the University.
Western University delivers an academic experience second to none. Western challenges the best and brightest faculty, staff and students to commit to the highest global standards. Our research excellence expands knowledge and drives discovery with real-world application. Western attracts individuals with a broad worldview, seeking to study, influence and lead in the international community. Since 1878, The Western Experience has combined academic excellence with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social and cultural growth in order to better serve our communities. Western University is a research-intensive institution with a wide range of academic and professional programs (see http://www.uwo.ca/ to learn more). Western's Recruitment and Retention Office is available to assist in the transition of successful applicants and their families.
London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC), one of Canada’s largest acute-care teaching hospitals, is dedicated to excellence in patient care, teaching and research. For more than 138 years, LHSC has provided patient care for the people of London, the region, and beyond. Many national and international medical breakthroughs have been pioneered at LHSC, to the benefit of patients at home and around the world. The Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology has 32 full-time academic physicians, and 5 basic scientists and opportunities exist for clinical and basic science firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates will have a keen interest in academic medicine and the ability to collaborate effectively with all other members of the health care team and office staff, and a commitment to active participation in team-based health care and teaching, both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Compensation for this position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and will be composed of fee for service, an alternative funding plan and academic salary. The anticipated start date for this position is March 1, 2019, although an alternate start date may be negotiated.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, including curriculum vitae and names of three references, and also complete, sign and include the form at the following link (www.uwo.ca/facultyrelations/careers/pdf/application-full-time-clinical.pdf) to: Artie Harricharran, Administrative Assistant, Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 800 Commissioners Road East, Room B2-401, London, Ontario, N6A 5W9 at email@example.com.
For further information about the position, please contact Lisa Johnson, Manager of Administration & Finance at 519-646-6144, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin after January 31, 2019.
- Western University, 1151 Richmond Street N., London, Ontario N6A 5B8, www.uwo.ca
- London Health Sciences Centre, 800 Commissioners Road East, London Ontario, N6A 5W9, www.lhsc.on.ca
- St. Joseph’s Health Care London, 268 Grosvenor Street, London, Ontario, N6A 4V2, www.sjhc.london.on.ca
- Positions are subject to budget approval. Applicants should have fluent written and oral communication skills in English. The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
- In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
- Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Lisa Johnson at email@example.com or 519-646-6144.
More search results
Northern Health Authority
Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Humber River Hospital
Psychiatry Position – Mood Disorders Program
Nova Scotia Health Authority and Dalhousie University
Locum Family Physician
Northern Health Authority