Come join the collegial Anesthesia team in Williams Lake! In this rural community, and with your GPA residency year, you can practice GP Anesthesia 2 days a week, with only 1 night of call/week and 1:5 weekend call. We work in a stimulating environment where we see an unusually broad range of cases as GPAs, ensuring we maintain our skills. We support complex surgical and OB/Gyn cases with appropriate support, as well as airway management of critical care patients in the ER. We also do scope sedation for colonoscopies gastroscopies. An OR day is typically 5-7 cases/day and scope sedation is typically 10-12 /day.
Experience would be an asset but we have the capacity to mentor new Canadian graduates. To round out your professional life, can pick up ER shifts or build a part time community practice. The successful applicant can expect a highly collaborative and interactive medical setting as well as opportunity to educate medical students.
The Cariboo Memorial Hospital Surgical services a catchment area of about 50,000 and our 24/7 Emergency sees ~22,000 ER visits/year.
Cariboo Memorial Hospital is a 31-bed hospital offering emergency, an intensive care unit, operating rooms, medical-surgical and obstetrical units, and ambulatory care services. Other services at the hospital include stress testing, lab and diagnostic imaging (including echo and CT scanning), out-patient hemodialysis and a five-bed psychiatric crisis stabilization unit. There is 24-hour general surgery and obstetrical specialist coverage, full-time radiology, and a pediatric specialist. There are also visiting ophthalmology, rheumatology and psychiatry specialists.
- Eligible for The College of Family Physicians of Canada Cert. (CCFP)
- Doctorate in Medicine
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS)
- Anaesthesia experience
- GP Anesthesia Training required
- Hours of work: .5 FTE; more available if willing to do the associated on-call.
- On call requirements: 1:5-1:6
- Payment Structure: Fee for Service with on call funding
- Estimated Gross Income: Estimated $300K if adding other work to make full time rural practice
- Compensation Disclaimer: Income depends on type of practice. Happy to discuss options.
- No overhead cost
- Recruitment bonus: $15,000 (prorated if only planning part time)
- Relocation: $9,000 - $15,000 based on move location
- Fee Premium: 12.88%
- Annual Flat retention fee: $11,260
- Rural CME: max of $4,840/year after 4 years.
- Rural incentives rates are subject to change annually and current rates are noted at time of hire.
- Candidates with a BC or Canada student loan may be eligible for BC or Canada loan forgiveness programs for those living and working in rural community.
Set in the heart of the Frontier, amid lakes and rolling ranch land, Williams Lake has been the focal point of the Cariboo and Chilcotin regions since the turn of the century. Here you will find a relaxed friendly atmosphere and ample opportunity for fishing, hiking and mountain biking. Explore pristine forests, lakes and rivers in the temperate summer, and experience snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling in the winter. Williams Lake has retained its magical western frontier character while becoming the modern commercial centre and transportation hub of the Cariboo. Hometown hospitality mixed with high-quality life style make this an ideal place to raise a family, start a business or retire.
Williams Lake has all amenities, including a local college, an airport, and a variety of fitness and outdoor opportunities. You can’t beat the lifestyle as a family physician whether in your practice or for your family. For more information about the general community and the medical community, please see this link to the Divisions of Family Practice web site for our area! https://www.divisionsbc.ca/cird
Apply today to live work and play where others only vacation! It's better here!