The Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops, BC is seeking two full-time general clinical neurologists to complement our team. Come join one of the fastest growing medical communities in BC and be part of the action as we prepare to open a new Patient Care Tower in 2022.
In this position you will enjoy dedicated clinic space and admin support in the Clinical Services Building (CSB), opened in 2016. There are excellent opportunities for either a hospital – based or community – based outpatient practice. Hospital on-call coverage is expected with frequency approximately 1 in 5 to 1 in 6. Experience the satisfaction of seeing patients in a well - run, established Stroke/Rehabilitation combined unit where neurologists collaborate with physiatry and a dedicated unit MRP Hospitalist. The CSB houses a modern Electrophysiology Lab for those interested in provision of regional EMG, EEG, and/or Polysomnography services. TeleHealth infrastructure is integrated into our CSB Urgent Neurology/Stroke Clinic if you would like to do outreach work. RIH has a state-of-the-art ICU, a recently renovated ER that has led the way in EMR documentation in BC, and newly developed Rapid Access Cardiology and Internal Medicine Outpatient Services that work alongside Neurology in the CSB.
Subspecialty interests are an asset for this role – particularly in MS, Stroke, and EMG/EEG/PSG – but not necessary. We welcome all candidates with FRCPC qualifications to apply. The current group has certifications in Neurophysiology, Vascular Neurology, and Movement Disorders. Our tertiary care, UBC-affiliated teaching hospital offers an excellent team of emergency medicine physicians, five neurosurgeons (four active and one consulting), two vascular surgeons, a physiatrist, hospitalists, family physicians, general internists, intensivists, cardiologists, nephrologists, infectious disease specialists, radiologists, and other subspecialists who are a pleasure to work with. As an added bonus, you can enjoy the rewards of being actively involved in educating UBC medical students and residents.
There are opportunities and funding available for those interested in locum work during the recruitment process.
Holidays and conference time away averages 6-8 weeks per year.
Apply today to live, work, and play where others vacation! It’s better here!
- Eligible for Fellowship with the Royal College of Physicians of Canada (FRCPC)
- Doctorate in Medicine
- Eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC (CPSBC)
- Coverage with the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) is mandatory
- Hours of work: Full-time
- On-call requirements: 1:5 or 1:6
- Payment Structure: Fee-for-Service and On-call MOCAP Level 1 stipend
- Estimated Gross Income: $275,000 - $500,000
- Overhead: Overhead costs associated with private practice only
- Relocation assistance up to $10,000 for moves less than 3,000 km, or up to $15,000 for moves over 3,000 km/International (with eligible receipts)