Primary Care Physicians
- Belleville and Quinte West Community Health Centre
- Belleville and Quinte West
- Job Category
- Family Medicine/General Practice
PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN
IMMEDIATE Part Time & Full Time positions available!!
BQWCHC opened in 2010 and is one of 73 community health centres in Ontario. We boast a range of services and initiatives designed to respond to the health needs of our clients and local community. With a health equity focus we emphasize services to populations who face barriers to accessing health services and who have lower health outcome.
Located on the 401 and rail line between Toronto and Ottawa, the Belleville & Quinte West area offers the best of both worlds – access to urban communities and services with the affordability and lifestyle benefits of a smaller community. Outstanding services and 4-season recreation!
As part of an inter-disciplinary team BQWCHC offers opportunities for physicians who are seeking a challenging, rewarding position providing comprehensive primary care services to clients at all ages and stages of the life cycle with an emphasis on those who are high risk and/or are experiencing barriers to accessing services. Our health equity focus brings together population health and the social determinants of health within an interdisciplinary primary health care model.
BQWCHC offers a salaried model for compensation. Distinct from a fee-for-service or capitation model, a salaried model mitigates the challenges of dealing with a shrinking schedule of benefits, managing overhead costs and salaries. Benefits include: bi-weekly pay, with deductions made at the source, paid vacation time, paid sick time, paid education time and an employer-matching pension plan (HOOPP).
Physicians work as members of a team that includes Nurse Practitioners, nurses, social workers, pharmacist, dentist, dietician, Certified Diabetes Educator/COPD nurse, housing worker, community resource worker and a host of others to provide wrap-around services to clients of BQWCHC. Physicians maintain clinical autonomy and can focus on providing client care.
Part time options allow for physicians to explore a variety of professional interests and work-life balance!!
Scope of Work
- Comprehensive primary health care including sharing in after-hours on-call (weekly rotation with other physicians/nurse practitioners on-staff)
- Engagement in organizational initiatives on quality improvement, policy development, health equity and the development or modification of programs/service to respond to the needs of the community
- CCFP (active status)
- General license to practice from CPSO in good standing
- Current CMPA
- Primary health care experience, preferably in a community setting
- Primary care experience preferred, specifically with communities/individuals who face barriers accessing to care
- Commitment to working in an interdisciplinary team
Successful candidates may be eligible for local recruitment incentives of up to $150,000 (please ask for details).
A detailed job description may be obtained on request. To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter electronically to email@example.com. For more info, please visit bqwchc.com. We sincerely thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates are invited to identify any needs for accessibility accommodations.
More search results
Otolaryngologist – Head & Neck Surgeon
Ross Memorial Hospital
Clinical Academic Anesthesiologist
Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry at Western University
Physician Respirologist (Clinical Faculty)
Respiratory Medicine-Vancouver Coastal Health
Saskatchewan Health Authority