General Practitioner/Family Physician
- Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
- Little Current, ON
- Job Category
- Family Medicine/General Practice
FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is seeking a full-time General Practitioner/Family Physician. The Physician will provide clinical leadership to our health and wellness programs in cooperation with our professional and program staff, clients and partners. The Physician will work within an indigenous community-based primary health care environment that is committed to wholistic and comprehensive care through both traditional and western healing methods. Noojmowin Teg is committed to outreach, and a circle of care approach, in collaboration with the First Nation health staff and organizations, service providers and elder groups, to support the wholistic health of the island First Nations community members.
This employment opportunity offers a unique work experience for a professional interested in a rural setting, has interest in participating with a team that addresses the health care of First Nation and indigenous populations. The Centre offers a competitive salary and group benefit package, pension, professional development and leaves.
Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines (tobacco, sweet grass, sage, cedar), may occur within the work setting.
- License to practice from the Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Relevant Medical Degree
- Experience or interest in working in a community primary health care setting
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and/or knowledge of Anishinabek cultural values and tradition
- Reputation as a collaborative leader
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills within an electronic environment, mandatory
- Ability to travel to multiple health care clinics, a valid class G Driver’s License, and clear driver’s record
- Appropriate personal insurance coverage
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, three (3) work-related letters of reference, proof of medial licensing, accreditation, insurance, a current vulnerable criminal records check, and driver’s abstract. Please mark correspondence as “Confidential”.
Submissions will be accepted by mail, facsimile, or email.
Application Deadline: April 5, 2019
T: (705) 368-2182 ext. 235
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
F: (705) 368-2229
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy. 540, 48 Hillside Road
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Nova Scotia Health Authority, Dalhousie University
Humber River Hospital
Staff Specialist in Child and Adolescent Psychiat…
The Sydney Children's Hospitals Network
Regional Associate Dean
University of British Columbia
Otolaryngologist – Head & Neck Surgeon