Northern Health is seeking a Family Practitioner to provide Primary Care and Emergency Room coverage in Chetwynd, BC. The selected candidate will join the new Chetwynd Primary Care Clinic in a brand new 6000 square foot facility with state-of-the-art technology.
The clinic features Inter-Professional Teams (IPT) including Mental Health & Addictions, Community Nursing and Public Health; with touch-down space for visiting specialties such as Occupational Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, etc.
This new primary care model focuses on patient-centred care that is accessible, coordinated, comprehensive and continuous. Quality improvement and patient safety are key areas of focus.
Alternative Payment Arrangement is partial Income Guarantee.
The Chetwynd Hospital has 7 long-term beds and 5 acute care beds. Services include:
A visit to the community will be offered to the selected candidate, to provide the opportunity to determine whether it will be a good fit for the candidate and their family.
Company: Northern Health Authority, NE Corporate Office, 230, 9900 - 100 Ave. Fort St John BC V1J 5S7
Facility: Chetwynd Hospital and Health Centre, 5500 Hospital Rd., Chetwynd BC V0C 1J0
If interested, please submit your CV to Health Match BC.
Chetwynd (population 2500) is located on the eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains and is a transportation hub of the Peace River Region. The main local industries include oil and gas, coal, forestry and ranching. Chetwynd is known for the stunning chainsaw carvings displayed throughout the town and parks. The carvings are created during the annual Chetwynd International Chainsaw Carving Championship, which attracts artists from around the world!
Chetwynd is a paradise for indoor and outdoor family leisure activities, including:
- New Recreation Complex with:
- Wave pool
- Hot tub
- Indoor ice rink (arena)
- Curling rink
- Fishing and hunting
- Skiing and snowboarding at Powder King Resort, only a 1-hour drive away!
- Hockey for all ages
- Service clubs
- Fun local summer activities include:
- Floating down the Sukunka River
- Climbing Old Baldy hill, to a stunning view!
- Fabulous District-maintained trail system for running, biking walking, etc..
Estimated Remuneration: $350,000 including Fee-for-Service and MOCAP and REEF for ER, and Income Guarantee for clinic and inpatient care
- Retention Premium: 26.74%
- Retention Flat Fee: $24,070
- Relocation Funding Available: $9,000 - $15,000 (TBD)
- Recruitment Incentive: $20,000
- Other Benefits/Incentives: REEF (Rural Emergency Enhancement Funding) and MOCAP (Medical On Call Availability Program) available on top of MSP billings. Rural Education Action Plan (REAP) available. Rural Continuing Medical Education (RCME) available.
The Chetwynd Primary Care Clinic is located at 5125 50th St SW, Chetwynd, BC
In order to be eligible for British Columbia licensure your postgraduate training must meet the requirements of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia. Post graduate training must be obtained from an accredited and approved training program in a jurisdiction sanctioned by the College of Family Physicians of Canada. At this time, those countries are: Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, and Australia. Please visit the following website for further information. http://www.cfpc.ca/ProjectAssets/Templates/Column1a.aspx?id=280&langType=4105&terms=jurisdictions