- Health PEI
- Prince Edward Island
- Base salary range is $208,366 - $240,924
- Government of Prince Edward Island
- Job Category
- Psychiatry, Public Health
- Job Type
Health PEI is seeking full-time permanent and locum General Psychiatrists to provide the full scope of psychiatric services to the Provincial Department of Psychiatry. Additionally, Psychiatrists with an interest or Fellowship in the following areas would be considered an asset:
- Adult Psychiatry
- Emergency Department - Consultant Liaison
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- telepsychiatry (Telemedicine)
The Provincial Department of Psychiatry is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
Hours of Work:
- Full-time hours for a salaried physician is defined as 37.5 hours per week.
- Full-time contract-for-service hours is based on a maximum of 1,725 hours per year.
- Return-in-Service Grant and Moving Expense Allowance are available.
- Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University.
- Electronic patient record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada(link is external) Certification;
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island(link is external); and
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
To apply, send C.V. referencing Job Posting I.D. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; firstname.lastname@example.org
More search results
Nova Scotia Health Authority, Dalhousie University
Humber River Hospital
Staff Specialist in Child and Adolescent Psychiat…
The Sydney Children's Hospitals Network
Regional Associate Dean
University of British Columbia
Otolaryngologist – Head & Neck Surgeon