Northern Health Authority/Fort St. James Medical Clinic
Fort St. James, British Columbia, Canada
We invite you to join our well established family practice in Fort. St. James.
The community holds 8 Alternative Payment Plan (APP) contracts and is currently looking to fill a 0.5 FTE APP Vacancy.
You will be joining a group of 9 physicians and a Nurse Practitioner in a shared care practice model, providing primary care services to the 5000 patient population in the communities of Fort St. James, Nak’azdli Whut’en, Tl’azt’en Nation and Binche Whut’en.
If you are a new grad:
• Start you career under the mentorship of a respected group of family physician(s) who have practiced comprehensive care in a rural setting;
• Become integrated into a community at the beginning of your career and grow your family along with your patients!
If you are in the prime of your career:
• Create a retirement plan that will allow you to reap lucrative financial rewards for your commitment to the community;
• Enjoy a family life with less stress and lots of outdoor recreation – right at your doorstep;
• Raise your family in a safe, quiet and friendly small rural community;
• Live a luxurious lifestyle at an amazingly affordable price.
If you are in the twilight of your career:
• Relax in an environment that is quiet, friendly and filled with outdoor recreation in your back your backyard; while caring for very appreciative patients;
• Be close to your practice while only minutes from home;
• Give back to a community that will give back to you;
• Create wealth for retirement while enjoying a laidback lifestyle.
If you are an international medical graduate:
• Relocate your family to a picturesque and recreational paradise in the heart of British Columbia;
• Enjoy lucrative financial rewards;
• Work with experienced mentors in a small community setting;
• Assistance with immigration and relocation logistics which will make the process painless
• Be part of a community that will embrace you and appreciate you as much as you appreciate them!
The Primary Care Physicians, Nurse Practitioner(s) and the Inter-professional team will be co-located in a new, temporary, 10,000 square foot, Integrated Health Center in the fall of 2019.
The Minister of Health recently announced a new combined hospital and integrated health center will be built in the community and work to develop the business plan is underway. The current hospital, Stuart Lake Hospital, is a 12 bed facility that provides acute, maternity and emergency services. Health Authority services include acute care, chronic disease management, home and community care, public health services, mental health and addictions services, and First Nations healthcare.
The Fort St. James Medical Clinic is located at 275 Stuart Drive, Fort St. James, BC, and the Stuart Lake Hospital is located at 600 Stuart Drive, Fort St. James, BC.
In order to be eligible for British Columbia licensure your postgraduate training must meet the requirements of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia. Post graduate training must be obtained from an accredited and approved training program in a jurisdiction sanctioned by the College of Family Physicians of Canada. At this time, those countries are: Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, and Australia. Please visit the following website for further information.
Please contact Health Match BC to determine your options to become eligible for BC licensure. http://www.healthmatchbc.org/Physicians.aspx