Health PEI is currently seeking to fill full-time Emergency Medicine positions to provide the full scope of emergency medicine services to patients attending the Emergency Department at Western Hospital located in the town of Alberton and, the Queen Elizabeth Hospital located in Charlottetown. Locum opportunities are also available.
- $175.00 per hour
- 31% of submitted and approved shadow-billing based on the Master Agreement between the Medical Society of PEI, the Government of Prince Edward Island and Health PEI. For details, please refer to the Master Agreement.
- Additional separate billing fees from third-party payers (for example Worker's Compensation and Quebec/International patients).
Hours of Work:
- As outlined in the ED schedule
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If traveling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare.
- Application fees with the Medical Society of PEI(link is external) and some application fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI(link is external) will be covered.
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June - September and $150/day worked October - May. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend form to receive these funds. The total yearly maximum is $7,500 calculated on a fiscal year basis.
- Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodations are the responsibility of the physician.
Certifications and Other Qualifications:
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI
- Eligibility for appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging
- Preference will be given to candidates with CCFP (EM). Preference will be given to candidates with extensive Emergency Department experience.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
(902) 368-6302; firstname.lastname@example.org