- William Osler Health System
- Toronto, ON
- Job Category
William Osler Health System (Osler) is one of Ontario’s largest community hospital organizations, delivering innovative health care with compassion through more than 820,000 patient interactions every year. With Osler’s three sites: Brampton Civic Hospital, Etobicoke General Hospital and the new Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness, we offer a wide range of health services, with care provided by skilled health professionals working in multidisciplinary teams.
We are recruiting a Hematologist to join our dynamic team of Oncologists, Hematologists, Nursing and Allied Health Staff. The successful applicant would also provide consultative services for hematologic disorders, actively participate in phase II and III clinical trials, engage in quality improvement initiatives, and work in collaboration with a group of 9 Medical Oncologists/Hematologists. The Osler hematology program includes blood bank, hematopathologists, pharmacists, support staff along with chemotherapy certified nurses, advanced imaging, and hematopathology facilities. We also have a dedicated paediatric/adult hemoglobinopathies program and an adult thrombosis and haemostasis program.
The successful applicant must be able to be licensed to practice in Ontario and hold a fellowship in Internal Medicine from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada with a subspecialty in Hematology (existing or successfully obtained within 1 year of acceptance). Leadership experience, quality improvement experience, and clinical trials experience are considered assets.
Expressions of interest should be forwarded along with your curriculum to:
Medical Staff Office
Attention: Dr. David Borts, Chief of Medicine
William Osler Health System
2100 Bovaird Drive East, Brampton, ON L6R 3J7
Tel: (905) 494-2120 Fax: (905) 494-6206
- One of the largest community hospital groups in Ontario
- Over 280,000 emergency and Urgent Care Centre visits per year
- More than 490,000 outpatient visits annually
- Nearly 8,000 births per year (the largest obstetrical program in the province)
- Over 11,000 inpatient surgeries procedures annually
- Approximately 44,300 day surgery procedures per year
- Serves 1.3 million area residents of Brampton, Etobicoke, and surrounding communities within the Central West LHIN