Are you looking for an incredible opportunity to work in an environment that fosters a strong culture of teamwork?
The Anesthesiology Department at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and the Prince County Hospital are seeking full-time permanent anesthetists to join their teams. The Queen Elizabeth Hospital is a 243-bed provincial referral facility & Prince County Hospital is an approximately 110 bed facilty. Both are operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island.
How about living in a sea-side community that encourages work-life balance? If so, look no further…Prince Edward Island offers you:
- some of the most affordable housing costs in the country;
- lots of green space and waterfront;
- sport and leisure activities;
- short commute times; and
- low crime rates and safe neighbourhoods.
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities, including salary; fee-for-service tariff of fees; blended payments (shadow billings); on-call payments; and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
To discuss remuneration and options in further detail, contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at email@example.com
Hours of work:
- Full-time hours is defined as 37.5 hours per week.
- Full-time contract-for-service hours is based on a maximum of 1,725 hours per year.
- Return-in-Service Grant and Moving Expense Allowance are available.
- Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University.
- Electronic patient record system (hospital-based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canadacertification;
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island; and
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat