Career Opportunity in Acute Hospital Medicine
- One of the largest community hospital groups in Ontario
- Over 280,000 emergency and Urgent Care Centre visits per year
- More than 490,000 outpatient visits annually
- Nearly 8,000 births per year (the largest obstetrical program in the province)
- Over 11,000 inpatient surgeries procedures annually
- Approximately 44,300 day surgery procedures per year
- Serves 1.3 million area residents of Brampton, Etobicoke, and surrounding communities within the Central West LHIN
William Osler Health System (Osler) is one of Ontario’s largest community hospital organizations, delivering innovative health care with compassion through more than 820,000 patient interactions every year. With three hospital sites: Brampton Civic Hospital, Etobicoke General Hospital and the new Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness, we offer a wide range of health services, with care provided by skilled health professionals working in multidisciplinary teams.
We are seeking family physicians and general internists with a passion for acute care hospital medicine to join our strong and collaborative team of Hospitalists at Brampton Civic Hospital, supported by approachable specialists with access to advanced diagnostic services and minimally invasive therapeutics in radiology and surgery. Part time and full time opportunities are currently available which offer a flexible schedule to pursue other clinical interests within the community. Participation in hospital quality initiatives and committees is expected. As a teaching site for McMaster University, hospitalists also provide teaching to residents in family medicine for which a faculty appointment can be arranged.
Applicants must be licensed to practice in Ontario and hold a Fellowship in Internal Medicine from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or Certification in Family Medicine from the College of Family Physicians of Canada. Added competency training or experience in Hospital Medicine will be considered an asset.
Expressions of interest should be forwarded along with your curriculum vitae to:
Medical Staff Office
Attention: Dr. David Borts, Chief of Medicine
William Osler Health System
2100 Bovaird Drive East, Brampton, ON L6R 3J7
Tel: (905) 494-2120
Fax: (905) 494-6206