Cranbrook is a thriving city, cradled on a gentle plain by snow-capped mountains. Boasting the most sunshine in British Columbia, Cranbrook’s idyllic climate presents the perfect conditions for outdoor adventure. Hike or cycle the local trails, play a round of golf, or relax on one of the many lakes only minutes from the city. The mild winter is perfect for cross country and alpine skiing at nearby resorts, or snowmobiling on the almost limitless network of trails. For more urban pursuits, Cranbrook offers shopping, cafés, sports arenas and a lively arts and cultural community. With Cranbrook’s magnificent scenery, friendly people, and abundant activities, it is the ultimate location to live, work and play.
Facility Details — East Kootenay Regional Hospital:
East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook is a 77 bed regional referral centre, serving a catchment area of approximately 80,000 people in the East Kootenays. The 4 floor facility offers 24/7 emergency services with 16 beds, a brand new state of the art 6 bed ICU, a full range of medical and surgical services including Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, ENT, Pathology, Psychiatry and Radiology and Urology.
Fantastic opportunities for two General Radiologists to join the Diagnostic Imaging team East Kootenay Regional Hospital (EKRH). If you are passionate about your work, enjoy variety in your work and are looking to practice in a welcoming community setting where the lifestyle opportunities are endless, apply today and discover the rewards of professional and personal satisfaction!
In these positions you will be the 5th and 6th radiologists in the group, practicing all modalities with a variety of non-vascular interventional procedures. Peripheral hospitals are linked by PACS to local regional center. The mobile part-time MRI was replaced by a state of the art permanent MRI installation in summer 2018. MRI funding for expanded patient access is in place. All Radiologists are encouraged to apply. Certification in Echocardiology and/or nuclear medicine will be an asset but is not a requirement.
We welcome locum interest during the recruitment phase – anything from 1 week to multiple months!
We are excited to add new graduates or experienced radiologists to our team in Cranbrook. Apply today to live, work and play where others only vacation! It's better here!
- Eligible for Fellowship with the Royal College of Physicians of Canada (FRCPC)
- Doctorate in Medicine
- Eligible for licensure with CPSBC; Coverage with the Canadian Medical Protective Association is mandatory
- Hours of work: Full time
- On call requirements: 1:6
- Payment Structure
- Fee for Service
- Estimated Gross Income
- $600,000, plus MOCAP level 1
- No overhead cost
- RSA Incentives
- Rural Incentives include:
- Recruitment bonus: $20,000
- Relocation: $9,000-$15,000 based on move location
- Fee Premium: 14%
- Annual retention fee: $12, 240
- CME funding: Up to 2 years $1,800; In 3rd & 4th year $4,800; after 4 years $7,800
- Rural Incentives are subject to change and current rates are confirmed at time of offer.
- Candidates with a BC or Canada student loan may be eligible for BC or Canada loan forgiveness programs.