Acute Care Hospitalists - Full Time/Part Time
Start Date: September 1, 2019.
Brockville General Hospital is a 138 bed, community hospital, serving a referral area of 125,000.
The city of Brockville (pop. 22,000) is located on the St. Lawrence River, in the beautiful Thousand Islands region. The perfect place to practice and play.
Driving distances: Kingston 75 km / Ottawa 110 km / Montreal 210 km / Toronto 350 km
- MRP for Adult medical in patients and orthopedic patients 0800 – 1700 hrs. daily
- Provision of medical care and support NP for rehab/restorative care/ ALC patients (38 beds)
- 52 Acute Care beds / Inclusive of 6 bed regional stroke unit
- 7 day week Mon-Sun / 5 day week Mon – Fri / Weekend Sat-Sun
- ON Call 1700-0800hrs shared / flexible rotation
- Full Time 1 week on 1 week off / Part time 1 week in 4
Staffing / Hospital Resources
- 4 Hospitalists + PA Mon – Fri (1 Hospitalist functions as Admissionist for ED)
- 3 Hospitalists Sat/Sun
- Electronic Medical Record (Quadramed) / Physician Order Entry / remote systems access
- 9 Bed Level 3 ICU staffed by Intensivists / 24/7 Emergency Department (30,000 visits annually)
- Full complement of specialist backup available locally
- Access to tertiary care services 1 hour away in Kingston and Ottawa
- Independent registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- FFS with income guarantee of $1,200 / day
- On Call stipend $350 / day weekday & $700 / day weekend days
- Billing support provided
Contact: Carlene MacDonald, Physician Recruiter, email@example.com