Health PEI is seeking a full-time permanent Neurologist to be a part of a team of three specialists beginning immediately. As a neurologist in Prince Edward Island, you will be exposed to, and will cover many different areas of neurology.
• The clinic model is Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm, shared on-call schedule (average of 1-2 weeks of coverage per month/neurologist);
• Excellent collegial work environment within the Internal Medicine division and within other specialty areas;
• Administrative and overhead costs are covered for salaried employees;
• Two dual-certified EMG/EEG technologists on-site at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital;
• As of December 2018, there is now designated RN support for the secondary stroke prevention clinic. The PEI organized stroke care model achieved Stroke Distinction from Accreditation Canada this year.
The Neurologist will work in the Island’s capital city of Charlottetown, PEI. Health PEI, a crown corporation, is responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI’s head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
One (1) position beginning immediately
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities, including salary; fee-for-service tariff of fees; blended payments (shadow billings); on-call payments; and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
Please contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss remuneration information and options in further detail.
Hours of Work:
• Full-time hours
• Return-in-Service Grant may be available;
• Moving Expense Allowance is available;
• Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University may be available;
• Electronic patient record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office; and
• Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
• Health PEI welcomes applications from candidates interested in General Neurology practice;
• Expertise in EEG, epilepsy, and MS would be considered assets;
• FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada certification;
• Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island; and
• Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; email@example.com
“ In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail.”