January 20, 2020 to April 29, 2020
Western Health is currently seeking the services of a Locum Ophthalmologist for Western Memorial Regional Hospital, Corner Brook, Newfoundland. The successful applicant will join our current team of 2 Ophthalmologists at the Western Ophthalmology Clinic.
Western Memorial Regional Hospital is a 217-bed regional referral center for Western Newfoundland and provides services to a population base of approximately 78,000 people. We are affiliated with Memorial University of Newfoundland & Labrador Medical School and we encourage & support academic interests.
Qualifications: Eligible for registration as a qualified Ophthalmologist with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador, certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and satisfy the credentialing requirements of Western Health’s Discipline of Surgery.
Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and medical professionals are essential. A focus on Glaucoma will be considered an asset.
Remuneration: Fee for Service basis as per the Medical Care Plan (MCP) fee schedule.
Visit the following web sites for further information:
- City of Corner Brook: http://www.cornerbrook.com/
- Gros Morne National Park: http://www.grosmorne.com/
- Gros Morne Summer Music: http://gmsm.ca/
- Gros Morne Adventures: http://grosmorneadventures.com/
- Marble Mountain Resort: http://www.skimarble.com/
- Cycle Solutions: http://www.cyclesolutions.ca/
- Blow Me Down Crossing Country Ski Trails: http://blowmedown.ca/
- Western Sno-Riders: http://www.westernsnoriders.com/
- Theatre Newfoundland and Labrador: http://www.theatrenewfoundland.com/
Corner Brook is a vibrant and active community. Enjoy living in a fabulous setting – Exceptional downhill skiing, snowmobiling, hiking, kayaking, salmon fishing and much more on Newfoundland’s beautiful West Coast! If you are interested in this position, please respond.
Contact Information: Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume, proof of qualifications, and the names of three employment references to:
Lavina Hiscock, Locum Physician Recruitment Manager
Medical Services Department
P.O. Box 2005
Corner Brook, NL A2H 6J7