Deputy Registrar, Complaints & Practice Investigations
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
- Vancouver, BC
- Job Category
- Academic, Administration, Leadership
- Job Type
The Institution: College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
Founded in 1886, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia regulates the practice of medicine throughout the province, under the authority of provincial law. With a legislated duty to protect and serve the public interest first and foremost, the primary function of the College is to ensure the protection and safety of patients by establishing the competency and qualifications of practicing physicians, and ensuring that every physician in the province practices according to professional standards. In addition, the College administers processes for responding to complaints from patients, establishes and administers registration for all those practicing medicine throughout British Columbia, and governs several quality assurance and accreditation programs for BC’s diagnostic, private medical and surgical facilities.
To learn more, please visit CPSBC’s website.
The Opportunity: Deputy Registrar, Complaints & Practice Investigations
As a member of Senior Staff, the Deputy Registrar will be responsible for the oversight and leadership of all aspects of the Complaints and Practice Investigations department (Complaints) and the College’s Medical Library Service (Medical Library). Reporting to the Registrar/CEO, the Deputy Registrar will oversee all matters in accordance with the Health Professions Act (HPA), College Bylaws, policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience in a professional regulatory environment or in a closely related field of medical administration;
- Ability to handle a heavy, complex, diverse caseload in a fast paced environment with competing demands;
- Proven ability to mentor, motivate and develop staff;
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary environment;
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: JULIAN MANCHON or GREG LONGSTER
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422