Nestled in the Selkirk and Monashee mountain ranges, on the banks of the Columbia River, the West Kootenay communities of Trail and Rossland await. Enjoy breathtaking vistas year round, powder skiing at Red Mountain Resort, biking along mountain trails and bountiful fishing, all only minutes away. As a hotbed for technology, research and development, these Kootenay mountain towns provide innovative industry and lifestyle. Offering a safe, welcoming community atmosphere, affordable real estate, and outstanding recreational facilities, Trail and Rossland are wonderful locations to raise a family. Make Trail or Rossland your home and live where you work and play!
Facility Details — Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital:
The largest diagnostic and acute care hospital in the West Kootenays, the Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (KBRH) is a 75-bed full service regional hospital serving 80,000 people in the Kootenay Boundary region. KBRH offers core specialist physician services including 24-hour Emergency and Trauma Services, Level 2 Laboratory, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Acute and Obstetrical Care, Orthopedics, Plastics, Urology, Ophthalmology, Psychiatry, Chemotherapy and advanced diagnostic services. KBRH is the regional base for the 24-hour High Acuity Response Team (HART) consisting of dedicated critical care transport nurses, and as required, respiratory therapists, who respond to support rural and remote clinicians in the transport and management of critically ill and injured patients. Transport is supported by BC Ambulance Services (BCAS) for major medical care with transfer to Kelowna that is 313 kilometers from Trail.
Discover the rewards of career satisfaction working within a strong culture of teamwork while delivering excellence in care! If you are looking to practice in a welcoming community setting where the lifestyle opportunities are endless, apply today and enjoy both professional and personal satisfaction! Opportunities for both General Adult Psychiatrists and Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists are available.
You will be part of our team of Psychiatrists providing service to KBRH’s 12 bed general adult inpatient unit, consults to the medical/surgical units and the emergency department, as well as maintaining a community based practice. Duties will include, but not be limited to, patient assessment and treatment, collaboration with clinicians and managers, and assistance with the development and maintenance of appropriate programs, policies, and procedures. Our team strives to provide quality psychiatric care to residents throughout the Kootenay Boundary region and there are opportunities to engage in outreach to outlying communities and provide telehealth services. Opportunities are also available for those with a desire to pursue an administrative leadership role or further develop a subspecialty area of interest, such as addictions. In addition, in this position you can enjoy teaching with locally placed UBC students and Family Medicine residents.
For a Psychiatrist with additional Child and Youth background, there is an opportunity for a diverse practice. The Child Psychiatrist will work collaboratively with inpatient psychiatry, Community Mental Health Centres and in consultation with our community-based service partners. This position entails a mixture of inpatient and outpatient work and a range of possible practice options are available which may include*:
• Community child and adolescent mental health services in collaboration with the Ministry of Children and Family Development
• General adult psychiatry community mental health and inpatient services
• Developmental delay and mental health services
• Outreach and tele-psychiatry for children and adolescents services throughout the larger region
• Private child and adolescent psychiatry services in the community
*options to be discussed further with interested candidates
These positions also offers the flexibility to be part time or full time. There are an abundance of affordable living options in the Trail/Rossland area. Come and explore the exciting opportunities for the lifestyle of your dreams.
For those interested, locum opportunities also available during the recruitment period.
We are excited to add new graduate or experienced Psychiatrists to our team in Trail. Apply today to live, work and play where others only vacation! It's better here!
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada (FRCPC)
- Doctorate in Medicine
- Eligible for licensure with CPSBC; Coverage with the Canadian Medical Protective Association is mandatory
- Hours of work: Flexible
- On call requirements: 1:5
- Payment Structure
- Combined Fee for Service plus Sessions
- Estimated Gross Income
- $300,000 - 500,000, plus MOCAP level 2
- Overhead costs associated with private practice only
- RSA Incentives
- Rural incentives include:
- Recruitment bonus: $15,000
- Relocation: $9,000 - $15,000 based on move location
- Fee Premium: 11.34%
- Annual retention fee: $9,914
- CME funding: Up to 2 years $600, in 3rd & 4th year $3,600, after 4 years $6,600
- REAP bursary for 5th year residents
- Rural incentives are subject to change and current rates are confirmed at time of offer.
- Candidates with a BC or Canada student loan may be eligible for BC or Canada loan forgiveness programs.