General Practitioner - Practice Coverage/Family Practitioner
General Practitioner – Practice Coverage
Northern Health Authority/University Hospital of Northern British Columbia
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
In Partnership with Northern Health, the Prince George Division of Family Practice is seeking a family physician for a unique opportunity. As the second of two Practice Coverage Physicians for Family Practice in Prince George you will be scheduled to provide coverage/locum services in a variety of practices in the community. This position is a perfect opportunity for newly qualified Physicians or new Physicians to the community. It provides a variety of experiences and a great place to learn how a variety of practices manage their in office panel as well as, inpatient care and residential care. This opportunity involves a minimum commitment of 9 months (minimum of 8 half days of clinical time). The organization of the practice coverage program and the work schedule will be managed by the Prince George Division of Family Practice.
We will work with each interested candidate to tailor an experience choosing from the various opportunities available, which include:
• Full Service Family Practice including inpatient care, home visits and long term care
• Ability to join on-call coverage groups, including obstetrics
• A variety of fee for service practices, and two sessional contract clinics (no overhead)
• A combination of all of the above provided it meets the identified needs of our community.
Prince George (PG) is a dynamic and supportive medical community where family physicians can be more engaged in a much broader spectrum of practice than many other similar sized communities. Physicians are able to develop expanded skills and experience in areas of interest. Many develop a number of practice interests over their careers. Training for such interests can be funded by the BC REAP. Some of the unique draws to PG include:
• The University Hospital of Northern BC in Prince George is a UBC Family Medicine teaching site with > 60% of our graduates practicing in Prince George or smaller communities.
• The UBC Northern Medical Program offers a plethora of options to become involved in teaching at all levels.
• The Northern Continuing Medical Education Program which offers a full program of medical education opportunities.
• Electronic Medical Record - robust and widely admired MOIS (Medical Office Information System) used across the community of PG, the north and some communities across the province.
• The home of the Health Data Coalition developed to allow physicians the ability to compare their aggregate panel data with other physicians while maintaining physician ownership and stewardship off the data.
We are confident that once you have experienced everything our community has to offer in the way of lifestyle and career, you will be ready to join a practice or clinic permanently. We look forward to helping find the best practice opportunity for you!
May be eligible for additional remuneration in accordance with the Rural Subsidiary Agreement including:
12.6% Retention Premium
$12,668 Retention Flat Fee
$15,000 Recruitment Incentive
$15,000 if relocating from outside of Canada: $12,000 if relocating within Canada but outside of BC; $9,000 if relocating within BC. ** This incentive is not available to physicians moving from a community within BC where a Recruitment and Retention agreement currently exists **
Known as British Columbia’s northern capital (the 4th largest in British Columbia) Prince George is located at the approximate geographic center of the province where the Nechako and Fraser Rivers meet. With forestry as the major industry, residents enjoy affordable housing, above-average incomes, and a wide range of services and amenities including four provincial parks in the region, 11,600 lakes and streams within one hour of the city, 20 parks/playgrounds in the city limits, eighteen outdoor and six indoor soccer fields, seven ice rinks, two aquatic facilities (one deemed world class), 24 tennis courts, downhill and cross country ski facilities, an 11 kilometer riverfront trail system, six golf courses, a 7,000 seat multipurpose arena, a civic/convention center, 800 seat Vanier Hall, symphony, playhouse, theatre workshop, art gallery, craft guild, Western Hockley League team and a BC Junior Hockey League team.
1475 Edmonton Street
Prince George, British Columbia
In order to be eligible for licensure in BC, your postgraduate training must meet the requirements of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia. Post graduate training must be obtained from an accredited and approved training program in a jurisdiction sanctioned by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Please refer to the attached PDF for a listing of those countries: http://www.royalcollege.ca/portal/page/portal/rc/common/documents/credentials/jurisdictions_e.html
Start Date of Employment July 1, 2020
Company Name: Northern Health Authority
Contact Name: Karoline Doyle
Title: Northern Interior Medical Staff Recruiter
Email Address: Karoline.email@example.com
Web Site Address: http://physicians.northernhealth.ca
More search results
Full-Time Internist and Locum Opportunities
Pembroke Regional Hospital
Academic Transplant Nephrologist
University of Alberta
Body Imaging Radiologist
Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry at Western University
Neil McKenzie Endowed Chair in Cardiac Care
Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry