CHIEF of PATHOLOGY & MEDICAL DIRECTOR, LABORATORY MEDICINE
Bluewater Health, Sarnia, Ontario
Due to the retirement of present Medical Director, Bluewater Health is recruiting a progressive Chief of Pathology/Medical Director of Laboratory Medicine to provide leadership to the Program. Availability as of July 1, 2020. The Medical Director position is equivalent to 1 day/week. Experience in health care management and leadership is an asset.
The Medical Director will work in collaboration with the Program Director to provide leadership in program visioning, planning, resource allocation, service excellence, research, and quality improvement. In addition, the Chief/Medical Director is responsible for ensuring that quality medical care is delivered, including point of care testing, that professional medical practice is advanced, and that physicians function as partners in the care of patients within the program. The candidate is expected to spend his/her time doing surgical pathology and remainder of time addressing clinical pathology and administrative issues. The Medical Director also chairs the following committees: Point of Care, Transfusion, and CCO.
At Bluewater Health, the Laboratory Program has:
- fully computerized, modern equipment laboratory department
- Volumes: surgical pathology – 11, 700 cases/year, 90 forensic cases, 1490 Cyto/Gyne cases, 431,700 total lab specimens
- Pleasant work environment
- Four anatomical pathologist colleagues
The ideal candidate will be:
- A Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in General Pathology
- Eligible for independent licensure with the CPSO
- Eligible to be an active member of the Medical Staff at Bluewater Health
- Working knowledge of haematology, blood bank, microbiology, and clinical chemistry essential
- Dedicated to service excellence, with exceptional interpersonal & collaborative skills, and a strong team player
- Involved in training of residents/medical students
- Committed to the mission, vision, values of Bluewater Health
Bluewater Health operates 300 beds at hospitals in Petrolia and Sarnia. We are award winning, Accredited with Exemplary Standing, and have state-of-the art facilities. We offer an array of specialized acute, complex continuing care, allied health and ambulatory care services including:
- a broad range of diagnostic services including CT and MRI
- Various Surgical specialties, including General Surgery, Urology, Gynecology, Orthopedics, ENT and Ophthalmology
- Closed Critical Care Unit
- District Stroke Centre
- Schedule 1 Psychiatric unit,
- Affiliation with Western University’s Schulich School of Medicine
- Full spectrum of specialists available 24/7(neurosurgery & interventional cardiology not available)
Newsweek recently recognized Bluewater Health as one of the best hospitals in Canada.
Practicing at Bluewater Health from a physician perspective: https://youtu.be/xLmrdZm4j_c
Situated on the shores of Lake Huron at the Michigan border, Sarnia offers excellent quality of life, sports, arts and culture, education, state of the art health care, and beautiful natural environment.
To apply, please send CV and references to:
Dr. Mike Haddad, Chief of Staff firstname.lastname@example.org
519-464-4400 ext. 4534