Family Medicine - locum and full-time opportunities
- Health PEI
- Family Medicine -Locum and full-time opportunities
- Salary or fee-for-service payment modality
- Job Category
- Family Medicine/General Practice
- Job Type
Family Medicine physicians for locum and full-time opportunities
One of PEI's greatest assets is its people. Prince Edward Island residents are known as being some of the friendliest people in Canada. And, PEI health care providers are known for their tremendous, everyday efforts to provide quality, safe, and appropriate care for all Islanders.
Our collaborative health care teams may include family physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, diabetes educators, community registered dietitians, and clerical staff.
Health PEI is seeking Family Medicine physicians to fill various vacancies within our five primary care health networks. Opportunities exist in Queens (Hunter River, Charlottetown, Crapaud/Cornwall); East Prince (Kensington and Summerside), West Prince (Alberton, Tignish, O'Leary).
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities, including salary; fee-for-service tariff of fees; blended payments (shadow billings); on-call payments; and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
Please contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss remuneration information and options in further detail.
Hours of work:
The salaried physician will be required to work 7.5 hours per day/37.5 hours/week
- Return-in-Service Grant and Moving Expense Allowance may be available.
- Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University.
- Hospital-based electronic health record system with access to lab and x-ray reports from office may be available.
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II as well as 1- 2 years of independent clinical work experience in Canada.
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI.
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
- CCFP physicians will be given priority.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; email@example.com
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail."
More search results
Seton Family Healthcare
Academic Minimally Invasive Surgeon
Nova Scotia Health Authority, Dalhousie University
Interventional Cardiologist Professor
Vice President, Medical Affairs, Research and Aca…
William Osler Health System
Triple P Medical Solutions