The department of Otolaryngology in Trail is currently seeking a General Otolaryngologist. The ENT program currently has 1 full time Otolaryngologist who offers the full range of ENT services.
This is a new position due to needs in the community which currently has one Otolaryngologist. Flexibility within work schedules can be arranged. We currently have 1.5 OR days per week that will be divided equally between the 2 surgeons.
Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (KBRH) is the largest hospital in the West Kootenays with 75-beds and serving 80,000 people in the Kootenay Boundary region. KBRH offers core specialist physician services including 24-hour Emergency and Trauma Services, Level 2 Laboratory, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Acute and Obstetrical Care, Orthopedics, Plastics, Urology, Ophthalmology, Psychiatry, Chemotherapy and advanced diagnostic services.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC)
- Doctorate in Medicine
- Full/Provisional licensure with College of Physicians & Surgeons of BC (CPSB)
- Coverage with the Canadian Medical Protective Association is mandatory
- Hours of Work: Full time
- On Call Requirement: 1:3
- Payment structure: Fee for Service
- Overhead: To be discussed
- Rural Incentives:
- Recruitment incentive: $15,000
- Relocation allowance: $9,000 - $15,000 based on move location
- Retention fee premium: 11.34%
- Retention flat fee: $ 11,401.56
- CME: Up to 2 years $600; In 3rd & 4th year $3,600.00; Over 4 years $6,600.00
- Rural incentives are subject to change and current rates are confirmed at time of offer
- Candidates with a BC or Canada student loan may be eligible for BC or Canada loan forgiveness programs.
Apply now and come work where others only play!