Health PEI is currently seeking a Hematologic Oncologist or a Medical Oncologist, with a strong interest in hematologic oncology, to join a multidisciplinary oncology team.
The PEI Cancer Treatment Centre is a small but modern medical and radiation oncology facility attached to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Charlottetown. Services are also provided at a satellite centre in Summerside. There are three practicing Medical Oncologists and two Radiation Oncologists, supported by GP Oncologists and a Nurse Practitioner. Additionally, there is a small clinical trials’ department to support oncology research interests.
One (1) position beginning immediately
Physicians have the option of choosing between a salary or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities, including salary; fee-for-service tariff of fees; blended payments (shadow billings); on-call payments; and benefits including paid vacation, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
Please contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at email@example.com to discuss remuneration information and options in further detail.
- Act as a consultant in Medical and Hematologic Oncology in Prince Edward Island in outpatient and inpatient services;
- Establish appropriate treatment plans and clinical decision making within specialist scope of practice for patients on the medical oncology service;
- Liase with patients, families, referring physicians, and multi-disciplinary team to facilitate optimal planning for patient assessments and treatment;
- Prescribe and supervise treatment delivery at both hospital sites, with appropriate patient review and follow up as per developed treatment plan;
- Participation in the on-call services and vacation coverage schedules as outlined by the Medical Oncology team Division of Medical Oncology;
- Provide service to all regions of the Province on a referral basis; and
- Provide inpatient and emergent/urgent care for patients on the medical oncology service.
- This position is eligible for a Return-in-Service Grant and moving expense reimbursement;
- Opportunity to teach medical students at Dalhousie University and Memorial University with faculty appointment may be available;
- Electronic patient record system (hospital-based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office; and
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement
• The successful candidate must have certification, or be deemed eligible for certification, by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada;
• Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI. This may include a requirement to work towards certification by the RSCPC during employment; and
• In accordance with the Canadian Immigration regulations, preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada; however, all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; firstname.lastname@example.org
“In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail.”