Cranbrook is a thriving city, cradled on a gentle plain by snow-capped mountains. Boasting the most sunshine in British Columbia, Cranbrook’s idyllic climate presents the perfect conditions for outdoor adventure in all four seasons. Hike or cycle the local trails, play a round of golf, or relax on one of the many lakes only minutes from the city. During winter, enjoy cross country and alpine skiing at nearby resorts, or snowmobiling on the almost limitless network of trails. Cranbrook offers unique shops, farmers markets, cafés, sports arenas, an aquatic centre, cinema as well as two theatres and heritage culture. With Cranbrook’s magnificent scenery, friendly people, and small town charm, it is considered by many the ideal place to raise a family and the ultimate location to live, work and play.
Facility Details — East Kootenay Regional Hospital:
East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook is a 77 bed regional referral centre, serving a catchment area of approximately 82,000 people in the East Kootenays. The 4 floor facility offers 24/7 emergency services with 16 beds, a brand new state of the art 6 bed ICU, a full range of medical and surgical services including Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, ENT, Pathology, Psychiatry and Radiology and Urology.
We seek a second general Ophthalmologist in Cranbrook, BC. The ideal candidate would have the ability to perform basic oculoplastic procedures, but it is not mandatory. The ophthalmologists serve the East Kootenay catchment area of approximately 82,000. Cranbrook offers an excellent ambulatory care facility, and the option to join an existing practice with a large patient base.
The successful applicant would ideally start by spring/summer 2020, but the start date is negotiable. Volumes are manageable for a full time practice, and you would establish your own work schedule. There are no call requirements. Both new grads and experienced applicants will be considered.
Apply today to live, work and play where others only vacation! It's better here!
- Eligible for Fellowship with the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC)
- Doctorate in Medicine
- Eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC (CPSBC)
- Coverage with the Canadian Medical Protective Association is mandatory
- Hours of work: Full time
- On call requirements: n/a
- Payment Structure :
- Fee for Service
- Rural incentives & Relocation Reimbursement may apply
- Estimated Gross Income:
- To be discussed
- Additional Incentives:
- Rural Incentives, are confirmed at time of offer but at this time would include:
- Fee premium of 14%
- Retention Flat fee of $14,076.00
- Recruitment Incentive of $20,000 for full time (pro-rated if less)
- Relocation Reimbursement of $9,000 - $15,000 based on whether interprovincial, within Canada or International
- CME: Up to 2 years $1,800.00; In 3rd & 4th year $4,800.00; Over 4 years $7,800.00
More search results
Windsor Regional Hospital
SEEKING PHYSICIAN FOR A MEDICAL CLINIC
Inaugural Scientific Director, Centre for Comple…
CAMH - Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
Seeking Partners, Associates or Long-term Locums
Diamond Head Medical Clinic
GP / Family Practitioner, Urgent Care - Cayman Is…