Williams Lake is the largest city in the Cariboo-Chilcotin and growing! With a current population of 11,000 and surrounding population of 30,000 Williams Lake serves as a business, industrial, and service hub for outlying communities all while continuing to offer affordable housing prices. Located amidst sparkling lakes and rolling ranch land, all easy to enjoy as one of the sunniest places in the province, with roughly 314 sunny days each year. A recreation mecca with world-class mountain biking trails, hiking, fishing and three pristine golf courses plus incredible amenities including a university, regional airport and a newly renovated pool and fitness center. Enjoy a walk downtown amongst quaint shops, retail stores, art galleries, and a variety of tempting cuisines and the booming arts, culture, and heritage scene with live theatre and music performances. Creative communities are healthy communities, prosperous, and exciting places to live, come join us in Williams Lake!
Facility Details — Cariboo Memorial Hospital:
Cariboo Memorial Hospital is a 31-bed hospital offering emergency, an intensive care unit, operating rooms, medical-surgical and obstetrical units, and ambulatory care services. Other services at the hospital include stress testing, lab and diagnostic imaging (including echo and CT scanning), out-patient hemodialysis and a five-bed psychiatric crisis stabilization unit. There is 24-hour general surgery and obstetrical specialist coverage, full-time radiology, and a pediatric specialist. There are also visiting ophthalmology, rheumatology and psychiatry specialists.
Take the opportunity to experience both a fulfilling professional life and the ideal lifestyle in a full-time pediatric practice in beautiful Williams Lake! This is a fantastic opportunity for a Pediatrician where you will be valued and appreciated by the welcoming community.
You will enjoy a busy and expanding practice while also supporting the hospital which is set for major renovations to existing ER/Med/Surg wards. Practice is possible in the Child Development Center which also houses therapists for autism, infant and child developmental, and physiotherapy.
For those interested, Leadership Development Opportunities are available with Interior Health’s NAVIG8 Program. The NAVIG8 Emerging Physician Leaders Program is a comprehensive leadership development program designed specifically for physicians to address the practical leadership knowledge, behaviours and skills that high potential, emerging medical leaders require to step into leadership roles early in their careers.
Apply today to live work and play where others only vacation! It's better here!
- Eligible for Fellowship with the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC)
- Doctorate in Medicine
- Eligible for licensure with CPSBC
- Coverage with the Canadian Medical Protective Association is mandatory
- Hours of work: Full Time
- On call requirements: 1:4
- Payment Structure: Fee for Service
- Estimated Gross Income: $300,000 plus MOCAP
- Overhead: No overhead cost
- RSA Incentives:
- Rural Incentives include:
- Recruitment bonus: $15,000
- Relocation:$9,000 - $15,000 based on move location
- Fee Premium: 12.88%
- Annual retention fee: $ 12,949.92
- CME funding: to a max of $6,600after 4 years
- Rural Incentives are subject to change and confirmed at time of offer.
- Candidates with a BC or Canada student loan may be eligible for BC or Canada loan forgiveness programs for those living and working in rural community.