Chief, Department of Anaesthesia
Bluewater Health, Sarnia, Ontario
Deadline: November 30, 2020
Bluewater Health is recruiting a progressive Chief to provide leadership to the Department. The Chief remuneration to .5 day/week.
The Chief will work in collaboration with the Medical Director of Surgery and Administrative Program Director of the Surgery Program, to provide leadership in program visioning, planning, resource allocation, service excellence, research, and quality improvement. In addition, the Chief is responsible for ensuring that quality medical care is delivered, that professional medical practice is advanced, and that physicians function as partners in the care of patients within the program.
An Anaesthesiologist interested in practicing at Bluewater Health, will find:
- full range of anaesthesia services offered
- Orthopaedics, Gynecology, General Surgery, Urology, Ophthalmology, Endoscopy and ENT (no neuro, cardiac or vascular surgery), including paediatric patients
- Eight Operating Rooms
- Opportunity to work in ambulatory pain clinic
- Reasonable on call schedule, with flexible vacation time
- Remuneration is fee for service, plus on call stipend
- Relocation and signing bonus
- Opportunity to obtain appointment with Western University to teach medical students and residents
The ideal candidate for the position will have:
- FRCPC in Anaesthesia
- Eligibility for Registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Canadian Permanent Residency or be a Canadian citizen
- Strong interpersonal & collaborative skills and be dedicated to service excellence
- Experience in health care management and leadership is an asset.
Why you should come to work at Bluewater Health: https://youtu.be/xLmrdZm4j_c
Bluewater Health operates 300 Acute and Post-Acute Care beds at hospitals in Petrolia and Sarnia. We are award winning and Accredited with Exemplary Standing. We offer an array of specialized acute, complex continuing care, allied health and ambulatory care services including:
- A broad range of diagnostic services including CT and MRI
- Fully staffed 24-hour high volume 2 emergency departments with 80,000 annual visits
- 14 bed closed Critical Care Unit
- Full obstetrics department with ~ 1100 births/year
- Full spectrum of specialists available 24/7 (neurosurgery not available)
Situated on the southern shores of Lake Huron at the border with Michigan, Sarnia offers warm weather, excellent quality of life, golfing, outdoor sports, sailing, arts and culture, education, state of the art health care, and beautiful natural environment.
To apply, please send CV and references to:
Dr. Michel Haddad, Chief of Staff
Phone: 519-464- 4534