Full-Time Nephrologist / Leadership Opportunity
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited hospital located just 45 minutes west of Ottawa. We are committed to progressive leadership in the delivery of rural health care, and are one of 27 Regional Nephrology Centres in the province. As an active partner with the Ontario Renal Network, we are responsible for providing nephrology services to all residents of Renfrew County. Our mission is Renal Care Close to Home. We offer:
- A state-of-the-art facility with 32 hemodialysis stations located across 3 sites; a peritoneal dialysis program; a GN and pregnancy clinic; general nephrology clinic; and a multi-care kidney clinic;
- An experienced multi-disciplinary nephrology team including 3 nephrologists;
- A collegial hospital medical staff including in-house internist, general surgeons, and anaesthesia;
- The support of experienced staff, and state-of-the-art equipment including CT;
- Strong linkages to The Ottawa Hospital, including formal integrated oncology, surgical, and diagnostic imaging programs; and,
- As part of the Atlas Alliance, a fully electronic health record, EPIC.
Due to an upcoming retirement, we are inviting applications for a FULL-TIME NEPHROLOGIST with an opportunity to assume a leadership role in our program. As part of our long-standing and successful collaboration with The Ottawa Hospital (TOH), we are exploring further opportunities for integration. The successful applicant will be required to maintain a full patient case load at RVH, maintain privileges at TOH, and be responsible for furthering integration efforts with TOH for the expansion of services at RVH. Applicants must be certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in internal medicine (nephrology) and must be licensed in the Province of Ontario. Requirements include a willingness to reside in the area.
RVH has a well-deserved reputation for having one of the most supportive, positive and collegial work environments while delivering the highest quality comprehensive patient care. This opportunity is ideal for a physician with an interest in a varied clinical practice working in a culture of patient safety and excellence.
If you are a new or experienced physician looking for the right work-life balance, take a moment to consider Renfrew and all that it has to offer!
Deadline for Application: January 29, 2021 or until a successful applicant is found. For more information about RVH and to see other physician opportunities, please visit www.renfrewhosp.com.