Cranbrook is a thriving city, cradled on a gentle plain by snow-capped mountains. Boasting the most sunshine in British Columbia, Cranbrook’s idyllic climate presents the perfect conditions for outdoor adventure. Hike or cycle the local trails, play a round of golf, or relax on one of the many lakes only minutes from the city. The mild winter is perfect for cross country and alpine skiing at nearby resorts, or snowmobiling on the almost limitless network of trails. For more urban pursuits, Cranbrook offers shopping, cafés, sports arenas and a lively arts and cultural community. With Cranbrook’s magnificent scenery, friendly people, and abundant activities, it is the ultimate location to live, work and play.
East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook is a 77 bed regional referral centre, serving a catchment area of approximately 82,000 people in the East Kootenays. The 4 floor facility offers 24/7 emergency services with 16 beds, a brand new state of the art 6 bed ICU, a full range of medical and surgical services including Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, ENT, Pathology, Psychiatry and Radiology and Urology.
Fantastic opportunities for two general Psychiatrists to join the expanding team at East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook. If you are passionate about your work, enjoy working within a strong culture of teamwork and are looking to practice in a welcoming community setting where the lifestyle opportunities are endless, apply today and discover the rewards of professional and personal satisfaction!
In this position you will be part of our talented group of 4 Psychiatrists (growing to 5) and work with our tertiary, secondary acute, and full spectrum of community mental health and substance use services to provide comprehensive, quality client centred consultative and on call services to individuals and their families in EKH’s 10 bed inpatient unit, as well as consults to the medical/surgical units and the emergency department. In addition, you will provide outreach services to rural remote locations. Working collaboratively with our clinical teams and aboriginal partners, you will enjoy a busy and challenging diverse general practice including chronic and persistent illness, full spectrum of substance use disorder and a broad range of integrated mental health programs.
Psychiatrists with an interest in Child & Youth would also be welcomed.
We are excited to add new graduate or experienced psychiatrists to our team in Cranbrook. Apply today to live, work and play where others only vacation! It's better here!
- Eligible for Fellowship with the Royal College of Physicians of Canada (FRCPC)
- Doctorate in Medicine
- Eligible for licensure with CPSBC
- Coverage with the Canadian Medical Protective Association is mandatory
- Hours of work: Full Time
- On call requirements: 1:4 - 1:6
- Payment Structure: Combined Fee for Service plus Sessions
- Estimated Gross Income: $400,000 - $600,000, plus MOCAP level 1
- Overhead: No overhead cost. Overhead costs associated with private practice only
- Rural Incentives include:
- Recruitment bonus: $20,000
- Relocation: $9,000 -$15,000 based on move location
- Fee Premium: 14%
- Annual retention fee: $14,076
- CME funding: Up to 2 years $1,800; In 3rd & 4th year $4,800; after 4 years $7,800
- Rural incentives are subject to change and current rates are confirmed at time of offer.
- Candidates with a BC or Canada student loan may be eligible for BC or Canada loan forgiveness programs.