ISAND, the pre-eminent Not for Profit Centre in Ontario providing a continuum of integrated services from infancy to young adulthood, is seeking a Developmental Paediatrician. On an annual basis, ISAND provides services to more than five hundred (500) individuals and their families with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) or other neurodevelopmental disorders.
Clinicians from nine disciplines work together using evidence based/informed approaches to provide the highest level of service to our clients, in order to achieve optimal outcomes. Disciplines represented by ISAND’s therapists include: Developmental Paediatrics; Family Physicians; Clinical Psychology; Behaviour Therapy; Speech & Language Therapy; Occupational Therapy; Social work; Education; Rhythmic Movement and Nutrition.
We are seeking a dynamic individual interested in working as a consultant at an established, primarily autism focused practice providing outpatient services to infants, children, and youth with ASD and other neurodevelopmental disorders. The candidate will: provide diagnostic and developmental assessment and medical consultation to children and youth with ASD and/or IDD; be involved in multi-disciplinary case meetings; be able to teach/mentor students from medicine and other disciplines and participate in multidisciplinary therapy.
What We Offer
- Established case load
- Opportunity to work with and learn from ASD experts from across nine disciplines
- Opportunity to work with and learn from all ISAND clinicians including experienced part-time developmental medicine physicians
- Ontario Health Insurance Plan Direct Billing with shared expenses
- Conveniently located next to transit hub
- On-site administrative support
- Experience assessing and working with children and youth who have signs of autism and other developmental concerns
- Willingness to work in an interdisciplinary team environment
- FRCPC Designation or equivalent with subspecialty training in Developmental Paediatrics
- Be eligible for good standing with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada as well as the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (or other relevant medical governing body).
For More Information or to Confirm Your Interest
Please visit our website at https://isand.ca or contact:
Dr. Wendy Roberts