Are you looking for an incredible opportunity to work in an environment that fosters a strong culture of teamwork? How about living in a community that encourages work-life balance? If so, then look no further…
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital Department of Internal Medicine is seeking a second full-time permanent Gastroenterologist. The specialist will provide the full scope of practice as a Gastroenterologist, including a shared call schedule among 14 Internists, outpatient consultation, and follow up service.
Located in Charlottetown, the Queen Elizabeth Hospital is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
One (1) position beginning immediately
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary or fee-for-service payment modality. The Master Agreement details information related to payment modalities including salary, fee-for-service tariff of fees, blended payments (shadow billings), on-call payments, and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program and more.
To further discuss remuneration information and options, contact us at email@example.com
Hours of work:
- Full-time hours for a salaried physician is defined as 37.5 hours per week.
- Full-time contract-for-service hours is based on a maximum of 1,725 hours per year.
Incentives and benefits:
- Qualified and licensable candidates may be eligible for a return-in-service grant of $40,000 with a 3-year (5,850 hour) commitment to Health PEI;
- Eligible moving expense reimbursements up to $10,000 are available;
- Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University;
- Electronic patient record system (hospital-based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office; and
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and other requirements
- FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada(link is external) certification;
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island,(link is external);
- ERCP training is considered an asset, but not a requirement; and
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
To apply, please send your CV to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
PEI Health Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
“In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail.”