Health PEI is seeking full-time permanent and locum General Psychiatrists to provide the full scope of psychiatric services to the Provincial Department of Psychiatry. Specialized training is considered an asset. Telemedicine is also an option.
The Provincial Department of Psychiatry is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
Hours of Work:
- Full-time hours for a salaried physician is defined as 37.5 hours per week.
- Full-time contract-for-service hours is based on a maximum of 1,725 hours per year.
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary or fee-for-service payment modality. The Master Agreement details information related to payment modalities including salary, fee-for-service tariff of fees, blended payments (shadow billings), on-call payments, and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program and more.
The average salaried Health PEI psychiatrist working full time in Prince Edward Island earns approximately $412,000 per year. Salaried physicians are entitled to benefits outlined in the Master Agreement between the Medical Society of Prince Edward Island, the Government of Prince Edward Island and Health PEI.
To further discuss remuneration information and options, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qualified and licensable candidates may be eligible for a return in service grant of $80,000 with a 4 year (7,800 hour) commitment.
- Eligible moving expense reimbursements are available.
- Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University.
- Electronic patient record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Certification;
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island; and
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat