EHN-Canada Sandstone located in Calgary, AB is seeking a part-time PSYCHIATRIST for 10 bed residential detox facility. Our dedicated medical and clinical treatment team takes the time to understand each client personally—their background, addiction and any co-occurring conditions they may have.
Duties to include:
Provide medical care to each assigned Sandstone patient as appropriate including, for example:
• Perform Psychiatric Assessments
• Complete a written record of the assessment
• Monitor patient’s psychiatric status when necessary
• Provide brief psycho-therapeutic interventions
• Visit patients as deemed necessary by the patient’s health status and in accordance with Sandstone policies. This includes attending to any problems and writing appropriate orders or progress notes at the time of visits
• Provide an opportunity for the Sandstone patient (or substitute decision-maker where appropriate) to participate fully in the development of a care plan and at each visit
• Requisition diagnostic services as the Sandstone patient’s condition warrants and conduct follow-up
• Sandstone will ensure that a system is in place to flag and bring to the Physician’s attention all verbal or telephone orders which the Physician is required to countersign. The Physician will countersign all verbal/telephone orders and/or directions within a reasonable time.
• Liaise with local hospitals or other facilities to facilitate referrals to specialists as needed and as appropriate based on clinical demands.
• From time to time, meet with family members or individuals of importance to the patient, as appropriate and with the consent of the patient
• Follow Sandstone policies on timely and thorough documentation and record retention, with special reference to the inter-professional approach, admission records, transfer information and discharge orders.
• On-call responsibilities on days worked and weekends as required
Remuneration options negotiable.
Apply with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org