The Division of Cardiovascular Services of The St. Mary’s Regional Cardiac Care Centre is seeking a Non-Invasive Cardiologist(s) to join our program. The St. Mary’s Regional Cardiac Care Centre of St. Mary’s General Hospital is a busy, tertiary care Cardiac program, providing comprehensive cardiovascular services to the patient of Waterloo- Wellington regions. The patient population comprises a mix of urban and rural populations, with a total catchment exceeding 1 million patients. It is also a teaching hospital for the Michael G. Degroote School of Medicine of McMaster University, Waterloo Regional Campus. Waterloo Region is a vibrant and thriving community in Southwestern Ontario, and a great community in which to live, work and raise a family.
• Full, independent license (or eligible for) with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
• Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Adult Cardiology
• Level III Echocardiographer, with training in transesophageal echo and stress echocardiography, 3D echocardiography and Strain imaging
• Interest in subspecialty clinics such as Heart Function, TAVI clinic &/or Cardiac Rehab would be an asset
• Experience/comfort with CCU/Critical Care Cardiology
• Joining our growing team of Cardiovascular specialists, which currently includes 9 Non-Invasive Cardiologists, 2 Electrophysiologists, 7 Interventional Cardiologists, and 4 Cardiovascular Surgeons
• Providing coverage for the Coronary Care Unit (mix of level II and level III beds), inpatient Cardiology service, as well as inpatient and outpatient consultative services
• Providing cardiodiagnostic services including Echocardiography, Transesophageal Echocardiography, Stress Echocardiography, Treadmill stress testing, ECG and Holter services
• Contributing to overnight/weekend on-call coverage
• Interested applicants will also have the opportunity to join our large outpatient community Cardiology practice, which also includes full range of Cardiodiagnostic testing
Remuneration would be based on fee-for-service and on call stipend through the Hospital On Call Coverage Program (HOCC).
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact:
Tanja Cvijetic, Medical Affairs Coordinator at email@example.com