Two General Practitioner Opportunites
- Simcoe Medical Centre
- 1487 Simcoe Street North, Unit 1, Oshawa, Ontario
- Fee for Service
- Job Category
- Family Medicine/General Practice
Ad placement: March 14, 2021
Position available: July 15, 2021
Examine patients and take their histories;
- Order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures and consult with other medical practitioners to evaluate patients' physical and mental health;
- Prescribe and administer medications and treatments;
- Perform and assist with routine surgery;
- Provide emergency care, provide acute care management;
- Vaccinate patients to prevent and treat diseases;
- Provide counselling and support to patients and their families on a wide range of health and lifestyle issues;
- Perform patient advocacy role, coordinate or manage primary patient care, provide continuous care to patients;
- Report births, deaths and diseases to governmental authorities;
- MBChB (Doctor of Medicine) from an accredited medical school listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (with a Canada Note).
- Be eligible for membership in the College of Family Practitioners of Canada.
- Be a Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners.
- Be eligible for membership in the College of Physicans and Surgeons of Ontario.
- Two years of practicing medicine as a General Practitioner. Requires occupational designation of Medical Doctor - MD or MBChB.
Compensation and terms:
The general practitioner will be paid on a Fee-for-Service basis.
Number of hours per week: The general practitioner will work office hours plus the time necessary to complete patient charts. Estimated weekly total will be 36-40 hours per week.
This is a Fee-for-Service position so it is up to the physician as to how many patients can be seen in a day and still practice medicine meeting high quality standards.
Employment conditions: Full-time, permanent position.
Contact employment office: email@example.com
GP Positions for Simcoe Medical Centre, 1487 Simcoe Street North, Unit 1, North Oshawa, Ontario L1G 4X8
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite newcomers, veterans and first nations to apply to this offer.