- Queen's University
- Kingston, ON
- Job Category
- Family Medicine/General Practice
Queen’s Family Health Team Physician Locum Opportunities
Queen’s Department of Family Medicine is seeking enthusiastic physician locums to join our Queen’s Family Health Team (QFHT) in Kingston, Ontario, to cover both short- and long-term leaves.
QFHT Locums at a Glance
• As an academic family health team, our locums are responsible for teaching and supervising first-year family medicine residents in addition to providing patient care
• Competitive remuneration without any overhead
• Additional premium for inbox management and work in July and August
• Long-term coverage (e.g., parental leaves) have comprehensive packages
• OB, LTC, procedures, and AHC optional • Opportunity for teaching clinical skills to medical students
QFHT at a Glance
• 24 physicians in our Family Health Organization (FHO) provide comprehensive, exemplary care for our ~20,000 patients
• Supported by dedicated nursing, reception, and administrative staff, and on-site IT, physicians work with a complement of allied health professionals including social workers, a dietitian, and pharmacist
• Nurse-managed immunizations; pharmacist-run INR clinic; and programs including mental health counselling, nutrition, foot care, lactation support, and smoking-cessation support, to name a few
• Seeing patients in person and virtually during COVID
• OSCAR EMR, OTN for virtual appointments, and E-consultation service to specialists
• Clinic hours Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Kingston at a Glance
• Rich in history, culture, attractions, and cuisine, “The Limestone City” consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in Canada
• Offers an abundance of festivals, concerts, and events; unique restaurants, pubs, and cafés; historic sites (including the UNESCO designated Rideau Canal and Fort Henry National Historic Site), live theatre, museums, art galleries, and eclectic shopping; and beautiful running, hiking, and biking trails along Lake Ontario, all within our downtown core
• Renowned for access to endless pristine back-country camping, “The Gateway to the Thousand Islands” boasts some of the best freshwater sailing in the world, as well as abundant opportunities for all water sports
• Home to two universities (Queen’s University and Royal Military College) and a community college (St. Lawrence College)
• Offers excellent daycare facilities, publicly funded and private schools, and many employment opportunities for partners and families
Learn more about The Limestone City at: cityofkingston.ca and visitkingston.ca.
Curious? We’d love to hear from you!
Please contact Dr. Karen Hall Barber, QFHT Lead Physician, at: firstname.lastname@example.org to hear more.
The Queen’s Department of Family Medicine offers a fully accredited and award-winning program. Visit our website to learn more. https://familymedicine.queensu.ca/