Known as the “Rafting Capital of Canada,” the village of Lytton is located on a bench of land in the spectacular Fraser Canyon of southwestern British Columbia, with scenic views of the juncture of the Thompson and Fraser Rivers. Lytton’s Gold Rush history and First Nations culture are evident in its preserved buildings and archives, as well as through special events such as the Remembrance Day Pow Wow. The dry climate, relaxing lifestyle and affordable housing of the area attracts young families and retirees alike. In addition to rafting, recreational opportunities in the area include river or lake fishing, camping, swimming, hiking, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling. A destination of magnificent scenery makes Lytton a wonderful playground for unique and exciting adventures and the perfect setting of tranquility to rest and recharge.
Clinic Details — St Bartholomew's Health Centre:
The St Bartholomew's Health Centre is located in the center of town and offers emergency, primary care and community health services, as well as seniors housing under one roof.
Rural Emergency Family Medicine opportunity now available to join our team in Lytton! Come experience a fulfilling professional life practicing community, primary care and rural emergency medicine. Working together with the multi-disciplinary team, our ED provides care to the residents of Lytton surrounding First Nations communities and sees approximately 1800-2000 visits/per year, mainly CTAS 4-5. The ideal candidate will be independent and suited to a rural lifestyle.
For those interested, Leadership Development Opportunities are available with Interior Health’s NAVIG8 Program. The NAVIG8 Emerging Physician Leaders Program is a comprehensive leadership development program designed specifically for physicians to address the practical leadership knowledge, behaviours and skills that high potential, emerging medical leaders require to step into leadership roles early in their careers.
If you are passionate about your work and are looking to practice in a welcoming community setting where you really can enjoy the endless lifestyle opportunities available in the area, apply today and discover the rewards of true work life balance! Live, work and play where others only vacation! It's better here! Email CV to PhysicianRecruitment@interiorhealth.ca
- Eligible for The College of Family Physicians of Canada Cert. (CCFP)
- Doctorate in Medicine
- Certificant of College of Family Physicians of Canada-Emerg Med (CCFP-EM)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Certification (ATLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification (PALS)
- Emergency experience
- Eligible for license with College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC (CPSBC)
- Coverage with the Canadian Medical Protective Association is mandatory
Hours of work: Full time. Part time may be possible, please inquire
On call requirements: Please inquire
- Payment Structure: Fee for Service + MOCAP
- Estimated Gross Income: $300,000 per year, estimate only
- Overhead : No overhead cost
- Recruitment Incentive: $20,000 (if full time)
- Relocation: $9,000 - $15,000 based on move location
- Retention Fee Premium: 16.07%
- Annual Retention Flat Fee: $18,493.11.
- CME: Up to 2 years $1320.00; In 3rd & 4th year $3520.00; Over 4 years $5720.00
Rural incentives are subject to change and current rates are confirmed at time of offer.
Candidates with a BC or Canada student loan may be eligible for loan forgiveness programs
More search results
$10,000 Move In Bonus, 90/10 Split
Alton Village Doctors and Pharmacy
The Health Clinic by Shoppers™ - Family Medicine …
The Health Clinic by Shoppers
$100,000 Signing Bonus. 18% overhead. $20,000 Gua…
Canada Medical Careers
Family Physicians and Specialist
Care Plus Medical Clinic
Locke Street Medical Clinic