Psychiatrist – Independent Contractor
Hours: Up to 15 hours per week
The Psychiatrist in conjunction with the Program Managers, has overall clinical responsibility for monitoring client treatment and staff delivery of clinical services primarily for our multi-disciplinary teams. The Psychiatrist provides psychiatric and medical assessment and treatment and assists with clinical supervision, education and training of the Teams. The Psychiatrist also contributes to the development of medication policies and procedures and also may also offer consultation services to our Intake team.
Description of Services:
- Conducts psychiatric assessments;
- Supervises, in collaboration with the Program Managers, in the comprehensive assessment of psychiatric history, mental status and diagnosis; use of medications; employment and social development;
- Co-ordinates Psychiatric Treatment with the Registered Nurses on the Teams in assessment of clients’ physical health, makes referrals to family physicians for further assessments and treatment;
- Prescribes psychotropic medications and conducts regular assessments of therapeutic responses and side effects, and educates clients regarding psychotropic medication;
- Provides support, education and counselling to family members of clients, to help them become more knowledgeable about mental illness and provide better collaboration in the treatment process;
- Provides crisis assessment and management of clients during regular work hours in the community, on site and over the telephone;
- Provides back up to other psychiatrists serving our teams;
- Maintains active involvement in both acute and long-term psychiatric in-patient treatment of clients, including initiation and facilitation of admission and discharge, to the hospital when needed;
- Submits written reports and oral testimony and presentation of opinions in commitment and other legal proceedings and in a wide range of treatment, rehabilitative and support services matters.
Technical Competencies Required:
- Licence in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and Certification in Psychiatry by the Royal College of Physicians
- Work conducted in client residences, retail establishments, public spaces and hospitals.
- Must have a car and a valid Ontario driver’s licence.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to Reconnect’s Human Resources department at email@example.com by Monday, June 28, 2021.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5541
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Indigenous communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.
More search results
IMMEDIATE NEED FOR A PHYSICIAN TO TAKE OVER AN EX…
The Health Clinic by Shoppers
Directeur des services professionnels
Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux de Lanaudière-DRHCAJ-Service aux cadres
Chief, Laboratory Medicine & Laboratory Medical D…
Hamilton Health Sciences and St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton
Derma Skin institute
Chief of Staff and Vice President Medical Affairs
Brant Community Healthcare System