- Queen Square Doctors
- Brampton, Ontario
- to be determined
- Queen Square Doctors Family Health Organization
- Job Category
- Family Medicine/General Practice
- Job Type
Queen Square FHO-Family Physician Opening
Queen Square Doctors has been providing comprehensive medical care to the community of Brampton for over 35 years. The QSD is a group of 19 family health physicians and 25 support staff working with a partner Family Health Team of integrated health professionals to meet the clinical needs of over 35,000 patients through innovative clinical programs.
Our vision at QS is to be a leading family health team and OHT partner in serving the Brampton Etobicoke community.
We are a team of clinicians providing exemplary, accessible comprehensive primary care. We are committed to:
- Quality patient-centred care
- Leading clinical practices
- Collaborative teamwork
We are supportive, respectful, caring and accountable toward our patients and staff.
Our strategy with our partner FHT is to build an integrated team-based approach to primary care and develop innovative programs for our patients within a continuous quality of care paradigm.
- Integrate clinical practices of FHT with FHO for improved patient care and experience.
- Develop a strong and positive human resources culture to attract and retain the best staff.
- Develop a data platform to integrate the relevant patient information with the OHT framework in facilitating better health care for Ontarions.
GOVERNANCE OF THE FHO
The FHO is an association of independent practitioners who have agreed to share the cost of running the clinic jointly. The terms are articulated in a cost sharing agreement. The successful applicant may apply for association membership after 3 months.
RESPONSIBILITES OF THE ROLE
- Provide continuous care to patients -evaluate and treat patients' physical and mental health through examination, diagnostics and consultation with other practitioners including:
- Routine minor surgical procedures
- Acute care management
- Vaccinations to prevent and treat diseases
- Pre-natal and post-natal care
- Advise patients and their families on health care including health promotion, disease, illness and accident prevention
- Provide counselling and support to patients and their families on a wide range of health and lifestyle issues
- Perform patient advocacy role
- Supervise home care services
- Report births, deaths, and contagious and other diseases to governmental authorities
- Oversee patient personal health information as the HIC and report to the Privacy Commissioner annually
- Complete and provide requested documentation for patients and other parties as required
- Provide on call services as one of the 19 doctors at QS including one day per month and about 4 weekends per year
- Attend retreats, education events, meetings -Doctors Business, Association and Executive, Program Teams, Staff
QS ON SITE PROVISION
The successful candidate will have access to:
- Patient examination rooms in accordance with an agreed upon schedule
- Office space and QS systems desk-top for administrative work
- Support from medical and administrative assistants
- All services/programs provided by the QS Family Health Team
- ACCURO EMR
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Telephony/communications technology
Candidates must be willing to purchase a practice and should write a letter to the selection committee outlining your interest in joining QSD FHO and stating your goals by July 30, 2021. A member of the selection committee will contact you to set up a time for an interview/discussion.
- Dr. Shane Teper-Chair of the Board and Executive
- Dr. Chris Veneema
- Dr. Darren Merker
- Dr. Tupur Rahman
- Dr. Judy Cooper
- Ms. Lisa Alcia (GM)
- Resident or established practitioner
- Interested in being affiliated with Osler
- Full time practice (4 days per week)
- Leadership potential
- Revenue generation interest
- Strong interpersonal/rapport skills
- Interest in geriatrics or obstetrics
More search results
IMMEDIATE NEED FOR A PHYSICIAN TO TAKE OVER AN EX…
The Health Clinic by Shoppers
Directeur des services professionnels
Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux de Lanaudière-DRHCAJ-Service aux cadres
Chief, Laboratory Medicine & Laboratory Medical D…
Hamilton Health Sciences and St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton
Derma Skin institute
Chief of Staff and Vice President Medical Affairs
Brant Community Healthcare System