Family Physician in a Rural Community Health Centre
SALARIED RURAL FAMILY PHYSICIANS WANTED:
Full and Part time in Portland and Westport locations
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER WORKING IN A COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTRE
- Collaborative practice in a diverse interdisciplinary health team including other primary care providers, physicians and nurse practitioners as well as in-house specialists.
- Access to a full team of professionals on site including social workers, dietitian, pharmacist, respiratory therapist, diabetes educators, nurse practitioners, health promotors.
- CRCHC utilizes Practice Solutions EMR and has access to Connecting Ontario, e-consult and Telemedicine services
- Autonomy with clinical practice and roster size of 1000 pro-rated to FTE
- Supported as a physician to view health not only as the absence of disease but to view it as a client-centred approach that ensures accessible services and empowers individuals, families and communities
- Continuing Medical Education days, plus a budget for CME registration and expenses.
- No overhead expenses/ no billing – Full Salaried Model,
- Management of personnel, Office set-up, information technology handled by Administration.
- Flexible work environment supports family commitments and work-life balance
- Regularly scheduled hours of work
- Paid Vacation allowance (4 weeks to start)
- Sick day benefits (15 + 5 special leave)
- Member of HOOPP pension plan
- Excellent health benefits package for employees and family members
- Affordable waterfront living opportunities
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Clinical Services: assessment, diagnoses, treatment, illness prevention, health education and counselling and other medical functions based on CPSO standards of practice.
- Continuity of Care includes home visits as required and providing on-call support through a roster of family physicians (1 week in 5)
- Working in a manner that incorporates a health promotion approach to the determinants of health
- Utilizes a Continuous Quality Improvement approach and evidence-based best practice guidelines.
- Works in collaboration with other members of an interdisciplinary team and provides consultative support to Nurse Practitioners
- Contributes to the development, implementation and evaluation of medical protocols and directives.
- Active status CCFP medical degree from a recognized university,
- General license to practice from CPSO
- Primary health care experience, preferably in a community setting
- Demonstrated commitment to interdisciplinary practice
- Experience with electronic health records (training available)
Salary: Full time permanent remuneration $285,000 annually plus a generous benefits package including HOOPP, vacation, sick, special leave etc.
To apply, interested candidates should send cover letter with resumé to:
Cheryl English, Director of Programs and Services
Country Roads Community Health Centre
4319 Cove Road Portland ON K0G 1V0
613-802-9588(Cell) Office 613-272-3302 ext 257
Country Roads is conveniently located halfway between Toronto and Montreal, 45 minutes north of highway 401 in the Village of Westport and in Portland on Big Rideau Lake. Located on the historic Rideau Canal, a UNESCO world heritage site.
More search results
IMMEDIATE NEED FOR A PHYSICIAN TO TAKE OVER AN EX…
The Health Clinic by Shoppers
Directeur des services professionnels
Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux de Lanaudière-DRHCAJ-Service aux cadres
Chief, Laboratory Medicine & Laboratory Medical D…
Hamilton Health Sciences and St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton
Derma Skin institute
Chief of Staff and Vice President Medical Affairs
Brant Community Healthcare System