Chief, Laboratory Medicine & Laboratory Medical Director
Our clients, Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS) and St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) are seeking a stellar laboratory medicine physician with proven leadership expertise combined with the ability to lead transformative change and foster innovation for the combined position of Chief, Laboratory Medicine & Laboratory Medical Director, Hamilton Regional Laboratory Medicine Program.
The Chief of Laboratory Medicine for both HHS and SJHH will play a pivotal role in building relationships across the sites of HHS and SJHH. Partnering closely with the McMaster University Faculty of Health Sciences Chair of Pathology and Molecular Medicine and other University leaders, the Chief will actively promote the Academic mission while co-leading, with administrative colleagues, to support the strategic goals for both hospitals and participate in the planning required to support the region and the communities they serve.
The Chief will champion the establishment of an interdisciplinary approach to the care and services provided by the Hamilton Regional Laboratory Medicine Program and the Laboratory Medicine Departments, and will be a strong team player valuing a diversity of perspectives. Through collaboration with other disciplines, the Chief will create an environment that promotes a commitment to customer service excellence and responsiveness to requests to ensure exceptional patient experience and patient outcomes. Through partnerships internal and external to the Hospitals, the Chief will work to enhance education and research throughout the organizations. The Chief will have a heightened focus on building quality assurance programs across the Hospitals, including fostering improvement opportunities that address appropriate utilization of services while ensuring the best care for patients.
The successful candidate must:
- hold an MD or equivalent and must have subspecialty training and Royal College (or equivalent) certification in a discipline within Laboratory Medicine.
- be qualified to practice medicine and be licensed, or eligible for licensure, with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario;
- be eligible for appointment as a full-time faculty member within the faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University;
- possess advanced inter-personal skills with demonstrated ability to encourage open exchange of information and ideas to achieve results;
- demonstrate self-awareness of personal values, principles, strengths, and limitations, and actively seek opportunities for personal learning;
- be able to purposefully build partnerships and build bridges with relevant internal and external stakeholders to create connections, trust, shared meaning, and finding new ways to deliver exceptional care and a positive patient experience;
- support a collaborative approach to learning, identifying areas for improvement and outside-the-box thinking;
- demonstrate systems level critical thinking that challenges the status quo to identify issues, solve problems, and design effective processes across systems while maintaining respectful partnerships;
- have a proven record motivating, inspiring, and leading team members to do their best, while removing barriers they may face in their daily work.
The Chief reports to the Executive Vice President & Chief Medical Executive at HHS and Chief of Staff & Vice President of Academic and Medical Affairs at SJHH, and is responsible to the Medical Advisory Committees and the Boards of Directors. The role is expected to foster an academic environment in collaboration with McMaster University Faculty of Health Sciences and the Chair of Medicine.
Please forward a CV and cover letter in confidence to:
Review of applications will commence August 15, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
The Medfall Group, HHS and SJHH are committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion for all candidates and these principles are integral to all of our processes. The Medfall Group and HHS and SJHH will make arrangements for any required accommodation to candidates with disabilities in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
More search results
IMMEDIATE NEED FOR A PHYSICIAN TO TAKE OVER AN EX…
The Health Clinic by Shoppers
Directeur des services professionnels
Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux de Lanaudière-DRHCAJ-Service aux cadres
Derma Skin institute
Chief of Staff and Vice President Medical Affairs
Brant Community Healthcare System