Pediatrician, Including Department Chief
- Bluewater Health
- Sarnia, ON
- Job Category
Paediatricians, including Dept. Chief
Full Time & Locum Opportunities
Bluewater Health, Sarnia, Ontario
Bluewater Health is recruiting a progressive Chief to provide leadership to the Department. The Chief remuneration is .5 day/week, and it is expected that the physician leader will also have a clinical practice.
The Chief will work in collaboration with the Medical Director and Administrative Director of the Maternal Infant Child Program, to provide leadership in program visioning, planning, resource allocation, service excellence, research, and quality improvement. In addition, the Chief is responsible for ensuring that quality medical care is delivered, that professional medical practice is advanced, and that physicians function as partners in the care of patients within the program.
A Paediatrician interested in practicing at Bluewater Health will find:
- An Ideal opportunity for full spectrum community paediatric practice
- Exciting opportunity to develop a chronic disease centre of excellence
- A level IIB NICU
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Child & adolescent psychiatry available
- A child and family friendly community
- Children’s mental health centre, and children’s treatment centre available in community
- Remuneration is fee for service
The ideal candidate for the position will have:
- FRCPC or acceptable equivalent in Paediatrics
- Eligible for Independent License with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Strong interpersonal & collaborative skills and dedicated to service excellence
- Participation in training of residents/medical students is desirable.
- Canadian Permanent Residency or be a Canadian citizen.
Bluewater Health operates 300 beds at hospitals in Sarnia and Petrolia. We are award winning, Accredited with Exemplary Standing, and have state-of-the art facilities. We offer an array of specialized acute, complex continuing care, allied health and ambulatory care services including:
- A broad range of diagnostic services, including CT and MRI.
- Full spectrum of specialists available 24/7 (neurosurgery not available)
- Fully staffed 24-hour high volume 2 emergency departments (Sarnia & Petrolia)
- Affiliated with Western University’s Distributed Education Network
- Collegial Medical staff community
For the third year in a row, Newsweek has recognized Bluewater Health as one of the best hospitals in Canada.
We are committed to improving the patient experience using engagement, Lean, and innovation.
Practicing at Bluewater Health from a physician perspective: https://youtu.be/xLmrdZm4j_c
Situated on the shores of Lake Huron at the Michigan border, Sarnia offers excellent quality of life, sports, arts and culture, education, state-of-the-art health care, and beautiful natural environment.
To apply, please send CV and references to:
Dr. Michel Haddad, Chief of Staff
Phone: 519-464- 4400 ext. 4534
More search results
Unity Health Toronto (UHT) Hospitalist Fellowship
Unity Health Toronto - St. Michael's Hospital
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Child and Parent Resource Institute
Full time FHO Family Physician
Queen Square Doctors FHO
General Practitioner/ Telemedicine
Avicenna Digital Health